Sign in to follow this  
sanzgod

Oil companies cut petrol prices by Rs 2.46 per litre

NEW DELHI: Petrol price was cut today by Rs 2.46 per litre, the second reduction this month.

Petrol in Delhi will cost Rs 67.78 a litre with effect from midnight as against Rs 70.24 a litre, three oil marketing companies announced today.

State-owned oil firms, which had last month hiked petrol price by a massive Rs 7.54 a litre, had on June 3 cut rates by Rs 2.02 per litre.

--- source: TOI

Though that is good news for us petrol car users, I dont know how long it will last. With the rupee tanking from the dollar day by day it wont be long till the prices go up again. I just love the way Goa got rid of VAT. Petrol prices went down by 11 rupees

With the mining industry in trouble, Goa depends almost entirely on tourism for income. Most of the cabs there are Maruti Omnis - not run on CNG or LPG, but on petrol. Frequent fuel rise would mean increasing taxi rates. It would also mean increase in trucking rates and therefore, hotel and food rates. All this is bad for tourism. The current Goa CM is a thinking, progressive and simple person. He knows what is good for his economy. Hence the cut in VAT.

Though that is good news for us petrol car users, I dont know how long it will last. With the rupee tanking from the dollar day by day it wont be long till the prices go up again. I just love the way Goa got rid of VAT. Petrol prices went down by 11 rupees

Would make sense to take a long drive from Mumbai to Goa to tank up. The petrol bunks on the border must be making brisk business.