Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Can the Audi Q3 propel Audi to the no. 1 Spot in India?

Audi has already overtaken Mercedes in the Indian market and is currently second to BMW. The recently launched Audi Q3 has been a run away hit with 500 cars being sold. It looks like a proper SUV as compared to the X1 which looks more like a 3 Series station Wagon. Do you think the Q3 will catapult Audi to the Nummer Eins spot in India? Or does BMW have an ace up its sleeve with the upcoming new 3 Series sedan?

Lets have your opinions

I like the look of the BMW X1, it's a station wagon plus- a crossover, and possibly the most successful in India till date. Can Audi do better with the A1 or A3? They seem better products for a market that's sensitive to price and value for money.

Audi Q3 attracts 26 % registration tax in states like Maharashtra because its an import (CBU) so pricing of Q3 not that attractive, X1 now going for massive discounts and price differential between X1 and Q3 is around Rs 9-10 lakhs if you take all this into account not sure if Q3 will get the numbers Audi expects

I am really dissappointed to see the new Q3 because it looks like an overgrown hatchback and I have see it in almost every colour before launch with red MH plate running all over Mumbai . It doesn't look 30 lakhs vehicle ,atleast the X1 has a prominent bonnet also all Audi's nowadays look the same so I wasn't really excited or overjoyed when I spotted the Q3 (unlike when I spotted Brio D). I will keenly see its sales number.

Seen Audi Q3 yesterday on-road in White shade & it really looked Awesome with its Laser-streak like Day-time running headlamps.

It just looked like Q5 with its chopped & tapered off rear, than estate/crossover like BMW X1.

It justifies its tag upto Rs.32-33 lacs, but anything above it takes away the VFM quotient from it.

i really don't see anyone giving too much competition to the Q3 in the near future. the numbers suggest that Audi has a winner on its hands, but i'd wait a while before giving firm judgement.

It already has. The Q3 is still only offered in CBU guise and the 140hp toned down ckd will only be offered september onwards and already Audi was 9 units ahead of BMW in the month of June i.e the lead manufacturer for the month.

While the ckd q3 would only make things more interesting, BMW i am sure would have a few tricks up their sleeves ,the launch of the new 3 being one of them.

I do expect Audi to be the leader in India but not so fast. Another couple of years is my guess. The past month was a one off case with BMW resuming the lead in the months to follow (just my guess).

Come 2014/15 though , i expect Audi to be crowned.