raj_5004

Long Term Ownership Reviews

who knows a car better that its owner himself? here, we can talk about your experience with your car. mention your car make, its odometer reading, expenditures invoved till date, what you like/dislike it in or anything you wish to say. this thread can give a true picture about a car.

Let me tell you about my april 2006 2.5 Innova V, odometer reading: 35,000 km. i loved my car when i bought it. it was intended for my dad's use. but within a week of the car's arrival, i was dissapointed of toyota. first thing i noticed was the vehicle was not as fun to drive. but i thought its ok, the driver will suffer! we had installed reverse sensors from the toyota showroom. the sales person had assured me that they had highly trained staff who can do the task without making the bumper look dirty. so in the first week itself, my driver was reversing the car (with me on the passenger seat), the sensor's display screen showed a safe 2 mts of distance behind and we heard a bang! we had badly dented the boot door. that was my first suprise. such a huge dent at such a low speed, the panel was really weak! then i noticed that the panels on the doors and boot were not strong, i hoped atleast the inner panels to be strong! we had a huge expenditure of 10,000 within the first week! then when i called the technician of xenos reverse sensors, it turned out that the sensors were fitted vertically where it was supposed to be horizontal. who is the one to be blamed? my driver or the "trained toyota staff"?? then in a month, the front windshield developed a huge crack automatically! when sent to the dealer, they told us that your vehicle must have been involved in a shunt. when given a stern warning, they reluctantly agreed that its must be due to poor quality of the glass, the temperature difference must have caused it to crack! ridiculous! where is the toyota quality? then eventually, the front passenger window refused to roll down, then both the fog lamps refused to start, then a squeaking noise from the a/c blower. but the most serious one was, suddenly one fine morning the car started emitting thick black smoke from its tailpipe. though it was rectified at the dealer, no explanation was given as why this happened! most importantly, i face a tough time getting the PUC for my innova. the guys there say both the innova and qualis are problematic in this respect...
is this toyota reliability!

yup, but i love the space it offers, infact excess space even for 6 footers like me, the comfortable backseat, even the 3rd row and the cushion ride. i like its steering feel and the way all buttons and stacks work. the cabin has a very rich feel to it. the 3 row a/c vents are a nice touch. all i wish was the engine was a little more peppy and smooth...

Let me tell you about my april 2006 2.5 Innova V' date=' odometer reading: 35,000 km. i loved my car when i bought it. it was intended for my dad's use. but within a week of the car's arrival, i was dissapointed of toyota. first thing i noticed was the vehicle was not as fun to drive. but i thought its ok, the driver will suffer! we had installed reverse sensors from the toyota showroom. the sales person had assured me that they had highly trained staff who can do the task without making the bumper look dirty. so in the first week itself, my driver was reversing the car (with me on the passenger seat), the sensor's display screen showed a safe 2 mts of distance behind and we heard a bang! we had badly dented the boot door. that was my first suprise. such a huge dent at such a low speed, the panel was really weak! then i noticed that the panels on the doors and boot were not strong, i hoped atleast the inner panels to be strong! we had a huge expenditure of 10,000 within the first week! then when i called the technician of xenos reverse sensors, it turned out that the sensors were fitted vertically where it was supposed to be horizontal. who is the one to be blamed? my driver or the "trained toyota staff"?? then in a month, the front windshield developed a huge crack automatically! when sent to the dealer, they told us that your vehicle must have been involved in a shunt. when given a stern warning, they reluctantly agreed that its must be due to poor quality of the glass, the temperature difference must have caused it to crack! ridiculous! where is the toyota quality? then eventually, the front passenger window refused to roll down, then both the fog lamps refused to start, then a squeaking noise from the a/c blower. but the most serious one was, suddenly one fine morning the car started emitting thick black smoke from its tailpipe. though it was rectified at the dealer, no explanation was given as why this happened! most importantly, i face a tough time getting the PUC for my innova. the guys there say both the innova and qualis are problematic in this respect...
is this toyota reliability!

yup, but i love the space it offers, infact excess space even for 6 footers like me, the comfortable backseat, even the 3rd row and the cushion ride. i like its steering feel and the way all buttons and stacks work. the cabin has a very rich feel to it. the 3 row a/c vents are a nice touch. all i wish was the engine was a little more peppy and smooth...
[/quote']

Raj! i hope yu are not kidding! First of all, your review and the topic for this thread dont match... ownership from 2006 is not long enough to write a Long term ownership review. secondly, consider your Disclaimer of No arguments to this thread and read your review which explains only negative about Toyota, which looks like that you wanted to write your complaints and dont expect anyone to say anything about it! Finally, the forum is the place to write, agree, disagree, learn and unlearn, so its no fun without it, man it must be interactive!

no harry, i am not kidding at all, what makes you feel so?

i have written long term ownership, but not mentioned how long it must be!! well, in my family, we never keep our cars for more than 3-4 years. also 1 and half year is enough to write a review about my car. well, it was not in general about an innova, it was about my experience with it which sadly was not pleasant.

well, again if you dont believe, i can give you my car reg. number and u can check out at Madhuban Toyota, kurla, mumbai whether whatever i have written is true or fake...
raj_50042008-01-07 16:51:47

and almost all know the positives of an innova which infact even i have written. every owner has a different experience with his vehicle, that is what i intend to share here.

Overall Toyota wins. Even in India, JD Powers rates it as the most reliable MUV. Scorpio and Safari don't even feature in that. Its normal to see a rock solid high mileage Innova, in case of Scorpio and Safari, that would be a divine miracle.

Seems like you started this thread with the only intention of making your pet Scorpio look superior to Innova but guess what, general consensus says otherwise so you are definitely in a minority here.

think what you want gurkha... newayz, i knew you would not believe your baby toyota can create such hassles. and pls dont start the groupism thing again!

and 1 good info for you:

2007 4 wheeler total customer satisfaction (TCS) study:

it is the largest syndicated automotive study in india, representing the responses of more than 7600 car buyers:

best MPV/SUV: toyota innova and mahindra scorpio (tied)

so, i dont care what you think... now pls dont argue that those 7600 buyers were fools.

and it would be better if you can write some reviews instead of debating which car or company is better. and as you believe, i have not started this thread to prove that scorpio is superior to innova. in my post, nowhere have i mentioned about scorpio. so pls dont post false judgements.

You may not care what you think but we know where your perceptions and true motives lie, harryccc and others here know it quite well. TCS is not the authority in automotive ratings last time I checked, it was JD Powers and it says otherwise and lastly, Innova is a global product. If you cared to read the Scorpio test on the Aus mag, you will see the true respect for Toyota in every sense there, mind you, Toyota is Asian as well so equal prejudices apply.

Don't start this as a Toyota bashing thread here as you will loose big time, I will gladly and willingly wipe the floor with the Scorpio. When it comes to poor quality, Scorpio is the ideal definition. When it comes to poor perception, Mahindra rules.

no harry' date=' i am not kidding at all, what makes you feel so?

i have written long term ownership, but not mentioned how long it must be!! well, in my family, we never keep our cars for more than 3-4 years. also 1 and half year is enough to write a review about my car. well, it was not in general about an innova, it was about my experience with it which sadly was not pleasant.

well, again if you dont believe, i can give you my car reg. number and u can check out at Madhuban Toyota, kurla, mumbai whether whatever i have written is true or fake...
[/quote']

what makes me feel so? Here we go! your topic must have been  "Complaints / Problems with Innova" coz a long term ownership must have more positives and few negatives, if not whats the fun of driving a problematic car for a Long term... am not sure how will you expect anyone write their Long term ownership when you have started with a spirit less review of yours. I dont think anyone will like to write their long term ownership in this thread becoz of your negative start. ppl will have more positives in a Long term ownership review
harryccc2008-01-08 06:17:17

mr gurkha, it would be nice if you stop your innova v/s scorpio comparo in this thread. as is said, pls post reviews.

and why are you so hell bent in proving that the scorpio is inferior to the innova? as you said, i am a minority here and i will never like the innova over the scorpio, for driving pleasure. so whatever you say or post, i dont care a damn and the rest of forum members are with you and already believe that the innova is better. so for whom are you writing such crap?

anyways, reviews pls.......!!!

mr gurkha' date=' it would be nice if you stop your innova v/s scorpio comparo in this thread. as is said, pls post reviews.

and why are you so hell bent in proving that the scorpio is inferior to the innova? as you said, i am a minority here and i will never like the innova over the scorpio, for driving pleasure. so whatever you say or post, i dont care a damn and the rest of forum members are with you and already believe that the innova is better. so for whom are you writing such crap?

anyways, reviews pls.......!!!
[/quote']

Its not only I who believe so.........its the majority here so go peddle your Scorpio at the Mahindra forums.

who are you to say that? and thats what i said, you have the majority here, so for whom are you writing such crap?

i dont  peddle about my scorpio in every forum cos i am not insecure like you. you are the one who brings a japanese car in each and every forum. keep in mind, you are not the only wise man on earth.

who are you to say that? and thats what i said' date=' you have the majority here, so for whom are you writing such crap?

i dont  peddle about my scorpio in every forum cos i am not insecure like you. you are the one who brings a japanese car in each and every forum. keep in mind, you are not the only wise man on earth.
[/quote']

hey relax man! its just not abt majority here... but the fact is Toyotas are reliable... if you are in doubt, ask a cab owner who owns a Qualis, Innova, Tavera and Sumo.. You will find the answer from owner of all three. Ask him for the maintenance he pays for all three. Also check with him who make more visits to the service station, we are all sure its not Toyotas! buddy this is fact and no one has to argue on this!
harryccc2008-01-08 06:42:30

but make sure yu have time to listen to what he cribs abt Tavera, Sumo... am sure any cabbie is happy for the extra money he invested on Toyota than anything else.. i know many of them who drive cabs for my company

hey harry, i completely agree to you. even i understand that its not about majority here, and i dont believe in such groupism. thats what i told him. and i am the part of the majority buddy, even i believe and have agreed that toyotas are far more reliable. but the way he spoke was something which i dint like.

have u seen, anywhere in my post, that i have mentioned about the scorpio? then how can he claim that i wrote this post to crib about toyota and prove that innova is inferior to scorpio. why should i do that??

but that was his intention when he posted a topic "scorpio woes". but i felt what was written was true and agreed it it. i am not immature like him to react like this.

what got on my nerves was the constant comparo of innova with scorpio in each and every forum. moreover, i wrote what i experienced. this is the reason i dont like toyota, and i stand by it.

who are you to say that??and thats what i said' date=' you have the majority here, so for whom are you writing such crap?

i dont? peddle about my scorpio in every forum cos i am not insecure like you. you are the one who?brings a japanese car in each and every forum.?keep in mind, you are not the only wise man on earth.
[/quote']

If the label fits.....................wear it. I don't have to bring Japanese cars into the thread, I am not the one who has created a thread about Scorpio. The pedigree and reputation of Japanese cars speak for themself.

Some one close this thread also please !!!smiley7.gif You guys are fit for nothing making the content of the Forum bad again help FRG reduce his work. All JAP's and MAH's just don't care about their Indian character.

I own a 'flop' and I love it. Hyundai Elantra GLS <Petrol>. It's smooth, loaded and fast, too. Big enough for the family and has a large boot. Loaded with safety kit. And boy, am I proud of it. My uncle had come down from New Zealand, he owns a C class Kompressor, and he feels it has more space than the C class in the interior and the boot. Durango Dude2008-01-08 17:29:07

hey, elantra is a good car buddy, but it was not well received by indians. i dorove its diesel version and was superb, better than octavia. the only problrm i had with it was its low rear seat. the cabin is fantastic and you get features never heard of in this segment...