PrancingHorse

Your worst car driven yet

Most of the time we talk about all the nice cars we have driven. But lets think the other way now. Lets talk about the car which gave you a horrible driving experience. In short the worst car you ever drove till date.

For me it has to be the San Storm. Absolute pathetic build quality. Parts from a host of cars. Paint quality was extremely shoddy. The Renault engine was so under powered that a Zen would leave it for dead. The gear box was also so bad that I mis shifted quite a few times. In one word rubbish.

So whats the worst car you have driven so far?

Scorpio, so disconnected feel. I don't know whether it qualifies as a car, It is a LORRY IMHO. I don't know how morons on roads drive it over130kmph.Its a 2.6 CRDI, may be 2.2 could be slightly better, but my vote for worst car remains Scorpio.

Wagon R CNG, Especially the 2008 make I guess, I drive my friends Wagon R CNG all the time.

Sometimes I feel a CNG powered auto could take on this car, without much trouble what so ever.

Gear shift- does not qualify to be in a car

Acceleration- What is that?

NVH- I like to be on the top

Fiat Padmini.. although it was very very old.. Pathetic accelerator, "not there" brakes and an amusing gearbox.

@Bala, the new Scorpio comes with a 2.2 MHawk engine and thats superb. Its a different story that it just drives a little better than a Sumo ;) too much body-roll and feels just like a beautified jeep on the inside. Nothing great.

@Kuntal, i seriously feel that the earlier WagonRs came with a really under-powered engine. The new KB10 engine is a gem and does not feel lousy at all. Have driven both WagonRs and I agree that the earlier one was too lazy.. adding CNG to it is just suicide.

Hindustan ambassador. Nothing other than the bucket seats can be appreciated about this car. It feels like a pre historic cave. Steers worse than a skateboard and has a million blind spots.

Apart from the ones mentioned, another car which was horrible to drive was the Maruti Omni. It used to bounce all the way plus the gearshift nothing close to what a slick Japanese gearbox should be like. On turns it would feel as if it would topple any moment. Actually not only bad to drive, but it was also one of the scariest cars Ive driven in terms of safety.

@Prancing horse > add that to my list as well.. I had driven the Omni once on the expressway and I completely agree to your statement. Zero safety, feels like it'll topple on turns..

@horse, neeraj, star,

Are you guys serious on your views on Omni w.r.t "worst car driven"? I think you guys misunderstood the term Handling to Safety.

I agree Omni is most Unsafe car in India, its more so ever on highways over speed of 80kmph... BUT it can never be the worst car driven.

The all round view you get, the so clear front view, brake to close door, the not so heavy front Manual steering.... its pleasure cant be described in words.( mind you in low speed)

The steering is neither too heavy nor too light. I feel like KARTing while driving one.

Last but not least, which other car gives you the pleasure of DRIFTING in sub 25L. I love driving OMni, in fact I've done many hilly drives, its pure fun. The current day Beat/ WagonR/ i10 cant stand near this van's torque in a hill.

I guess it has to be the Zen Estilo for me.

While some may argue whats so bad about it, in my defence i havnt really driven any cars that dont appeal to me :P & i do not consider whatever mahindra manufactures to be cars. In my eyes they are toned down trucks or attempts to manufacture what might seem like a car/SUV. Being blunt is the only way i know.

Anyway coming back, it was a one off case where i HAD to drivethe estilo from 1 mumbai suburb to another and that was enough for me to gauge that it has absolutely nothing going for it. Me not being able to distinguish between certain gear ratios was the absolute last straw !

Horrendous gear changes and very difficult to slot and the ratios have been set in such a way that constant gear changes r required even in 'not so heavy' traffic conditions. Maruti themselves have many other cars in their stable which would be reason enough for prospective customers to ignore this tuna can.

No offence meant its just that even the alto seemed better.

A Mahindra 540 DP. Took a day to start (a week in winter), steering moved a quarter circle without the wheels moving a mm, gearbox protested like hell when you tried slotting it into any gear (no 2nd altogether), brakes were made of sponge and to stop you had to start braking a day before, suspension was made of wood and shattered everytime you went over a Jamun seed (lots of them in our courtyard), and there were so many squeaks and rattles that whenever I drove it I felt like I was on the highway to hell ;) .

However I never had an accident in it. It was so bad it made me concentrate...

But oddly enough when I look back at it, I think it was kind of fun... :D in a weird sort way

Tata Indica (Petrol (Xeta) as well as diesel (V2 Model) ) are the worst car I have driven. There are n-numbers of things I can mention about Indica and to start with (1) it's oddly placed steering wheel , (2) high dashboard , (3) rubbery gear shift , (4) sluggish engine , (5) it's break while breaking during high speed, It is like an elephant on roll which is difficult to stop once in momentum , also the break padle start vibrating like hell while breaking on high speed (6) vague steering (7) small tires (8) worst fit & finish (9) lack of thigh support for driver's seat (10) soft suspension, etc.etc......

There are more things I can mention but the last word would be "THE WORST CAR".

Premier 118NE is the worst car I've driven. No acceleration - only noise; coughs, sputters and breaks down when it rains (we get plenty of that in Kerala). Build quality - the Ambassador felt like a Rolls Royce in comparision. Gear shift was butter smooth though, and the car was very comfortable to travel in.

It is SIPANI's BADAL for me. It is a 3 wheeler car. Two front wheels and one at the back.

(an opposite of today's autorickshaws).

It is a perfect `worst car'. It is also the most dangerous one. Even at 30 kmph, you are 100% sure of

getting toppled if you suddenly turn it on either side. After seeing an english movie with such

a car doing all sort of such stunts, I scouted the market, used all my contacts and finally got

a running Badal in Bangalore. And, what a drive it was. The scariest drive, I ever had,

never gone beyond 30 kmph. I wanted to jump out of the vehicle at the earliest. And, I came

out of the driver's seat at the earliest. Thank God. And, after that, every other car seems like a

BMW or a Merc to me. The list includes Premier Padminis, Omnis, Jeeps, Unos, Boleros etc.,

Honda manufactured car Honda Civic is my worst car and Not only do these look excellent in engine compartment, but also they help the car breathing better and Standard are basic music systems, tilt steering wheel, and personally adjusted driver seats.