thespeedman

Big Dilemma between Duster RX-Z 110HP and XUV500 W6 or W8

Go for the W8 , its feature packed and would give you the best of everything on offer.W6 is not that well equiped and thus less aspirational.

Duster is no match for the XUV.Duster can only scores when you compare it to Scorpio or the Safari but by no means to the XUV

XUV500 is good but Renault will score on build quality, build fineese & Overall feel-good factor.

Also Renault cars are simply build to last for even decades.

While XUV scores better on Prestige value, a segment higher feel/looks & ease of Ownership areas.

Best option for the moment is to go for 2nd last/RxL 110 variant of Duster.

I would any day go in for the duster, unless i needed the space and if i needed the space currently would go for the Innova.You cant go wrong with an innova.The xuv 500 has a lot of teething problems and theduster and the innova are dinamically far superior.

The Duster and XUV fall in 2 very different categories if you ask me. The Duster is a pumped up hatchback, while the XUV was built to be a monocoque SUV.

The XUV comes with it's fair share of niggles, but that being said, it all depends on what your requirement is for a vehicle. If you're looking for more of a city car, I'd go with the Duster. If something that requires lugging more than 5 people and some luggage, then the XUV would be the way forward.

The Duster engine is known to be frugal, so that could be another angle of looking at which vehicle to pick.

If I were to buy a duster then it would be the RxL option pack 85bhp because in this engine power there is zilch turbo lag and is good for city traffic. If I would do more highway driving and need good middle row space then its got to be the Xuv .Also I would buy the W6 2WD instead of the w8 because it has lesser electronics means lesser chance of failure (M&M should have launched the AWD in W6 option too) . The Duster RxZ is overpriced and its better to buy the base Yeti with the 1.5 lakhs discounts going on these days.

On paper XUV is far ahead & better than Duster; but wether it's XUV, Scorpio or Xylo, the feel of quality or premiumness!

I don't know about duster & Mahindra has raised their quality to new height with XUV!

So, check which car makes you more happy when you enter in them & Drive it arround & made your dicision on this single criteria & don't get influence by their specification!

All things considered, the fact is you have to live with the car day-in and day-out. With Renault's current service structure, I believe the XUV 500 is a much safer option. Besides if current sales figures of the XUV are anything to go by, you won't be making a bad decision.

What matters is long term durability and reliability. The Logan has proved that it is mechanically rock solid and there is no reason to think that the Duster (which shares the platform with the Logan) should be any less. THe XUV 500 is more 'show' than substance and it has already earned a reputation for having glitches and niggling faults. M&M have just been lucky that there only competition has been from Tata and hence has got away with products that are not as well engineered as European products. For me its Duster all the way!

@speedman,

If you can afford a XUV, why think about Duster?

Duster is a good product but priced wrong. It doesn't give any feel of premiumness for its asking price. IMHO, the variant you have said is totally unVFM.

If you like Duster for its size, add a few more lakhs and go for Yeti( which current has 1.5L discount) or buy the XUV with closed eyes.

Shocking Price for XUV W6-15.11L on road Hyderabad and

W8-16.5L.

And,yesterday,we had asked about Innova and XUV500 price,after seeing Innova GX is 14.25L for 7 seats and 14.3L for 8 seats.It is too pricey IMO.

Volkswagen is offering Rs.42K first year free insurance for Vento Diesel.High Line OTR is 12.68L original and after offer,the price is 12.26L,which felt for me VFM after this offer.

We want to cancel the Duster booking and go for Vento High Line TDI Diesel in Shadow Blue Color.

Renault dealer,where we had booked the Duster,told that car will come by Aug-end or Sept-1st week.

Our deadline is at 10th August 2012,i.e,My Birthday.So,dealers are ready to give Vento any day and any week.

Whats your opinion guys?

Just now called Tata dealer for Safari discounts,he told that he had discount for insurance and exchange bonus.He told me to buy EX,which is worth.

LX-9.86L

EX-11.8L

GX-13.5L and

VX-14.95L.

After discounts,Safari LX OTR is 9.1L,EX-11.1L,GX-13L and VX-14.5L.

And called up Nissan dealer for Sunny Diesel XV OTR.The executive told that she is in meeting.So,will call tomorrow or Monday.

When I asked for Scorpio,the OTR for Scorpio VLX is 13.5L,SLE-11.88L,LX-9.5L

If I order 4X4,I will get the car by 2 months.The OTR for Scorpio VLX 4X4 is 14.5L.

For LX 4X4,OTR is about 11L change.

For Safari,they are ready to deliver any time any day.

For Scorpio,they are ready to deliver any time any day,But,No Discounts for Scorpio.

@Abhinav, my vote goes to Duster (though priced a but high), have never been a fan of XUV considering the niggles/glitches that have cropped up.

If you don't really need 7 seats and would be driving in city then better go for a sedan or may be an Ertiga would also be fine.

@speedman if you like the Vento then go for it also ask for 42k cash discount and tell them that your relative is in insurance and you will insure from them itself . The 0 depriciation will cost around 33-34k for Vento highline and you save around 7-8k's in the process .

@speedman

Also ask for corporate discount they have a gold and platinum list, where a bunch of companies, public sector and MNC are listed. Depending upon the company you work for or your brother, father,sister,mother you can get a discount. But you should be in a position to prove the relationship.

Secondly ask for dealer discount- Go with your cheque book and let them dance on your tunes. I recently booked my Polo and managed 15k dealer discount on top of free ins+amc+ accessories.

Pitch two to three quotes and they will gradually try and match the lowest.

FInally, take everything in writing. Their verbal commitment holds no value. Do not buy their speech on trust and confidence.

Well it might not be the best thing that you cancelled your booking on Duster, getting confused with XUV. XUV 500 is definitely a good progress by Mahindra but lacks the refinement of Renault's Duster. Duster might look relatively simple but rather that's the new definition of Sophisticated. It's for people who want a flawless quality experience and a decent drive. You might want to reconsider your decision for Duster. See what Duster lovers are saying about it http://www.brandcollage.com/faceoff/mahindra-xuv-500-vs-renault-duster/

Duster is a good choice when we are thinking about, Build quality,comfort,Fuel economy,ride quality, maintenance cost and it is a car for another one decade. But it lack SUV feelings and looks it is just a alternate to sedan buyers which is made on sedan chassis.Even Autocar India compare both XUV and Duster and announced later as winner after detail & Convincing comparison test.

XUV 500 is for the people who love the SUVs and kind of the road Look XUV is massive than duster and pamper you with its equipment inside the cockpit.Gear box is not great and recently M&M changed the break pads of XUVs for better breaking. Maintenance of M&M cars are cheaper compare to TATA but costlier than Toyota and Renault.At last XUV is a 7 seater proper SUV where Duster is a 5 seater Compact SUV.

My choice is XUV 500 with 15L Budget and feel duster demand will fade once Eco-sport launch in End of March.

Hi,

Go for XUV 500 W8. I my self was confused between the two but finally i have opted for XUV 500 W8 AWD. All the minor/major issues were sorted out in XUV manufactured after oct'2012 models. Drive it for few KM and i am sure you will fall in love with this Cheetah.

Aakash.

@thespeedman: I think you are confused at this moment on which one is good for you/your needs. I would say, you please wait for another 2 month or so as EcoSport is going to be launched in June 2013 in India, and you may also see some price fall on Duster as EcoSport is goina to sabotage the sales chart of Duster.