creativebala

Have you seen a 10L Indian made Evoque?________MoonRover

Though the name Moon Rover sounds cheesy, I must admit that is quite a good effort by whoever has done this. The finishing looks decent. The plate between the exhausts at the rear looks weird though. Any idea on what the cost is to get this done over and above the cost of a Safari?

Superlike!! This one really makes a lot of sense and probably brings back the DC custom designs era.

By the looks of it, this one carries a changed bonnet too. So just change of headlights may not be the case.

@PrancingHorse, I agree, the rear bumper is really a weird design. But I'm sure it'll evolve and we'll have better designs for that.

I reckon, this will cost anywhere between 2-4 lacs over and above the price of the Safari.

And yeah, I'll ask the mod-guy to keep off the "moon rover" badge.. sounds too cheap..

Oh nice! It took me a few seconds to figure out that it actually is a Safari. It's quite refreshing compared to poor quality stuff like executive mod cars for example. I wouldn't do such a thing to my car though... It just feels too cheap. What do you guys think?

Good work. IMO it looks better than the Storme, but obviously TATA cannot come up with such a copy cat design. Still, it makes you realise how TATA could have improved the looks of the Storme with a bit more effort.

The name is too cheesy. :lol:

The transformation really is amazing, from a distance not many would be able to notice it to be a Safari. Its been done up well, good finishing, i must say. Yet the rear bumper is a bit of an overdose i guess. Apart from that, the name is a complete turn off. Yet, all in all an amazing modification !

This is one of the better mod designs out here, better than the ugly, overpriced DC designs, and also EMT, who don't quite get it right sometimes. However, I'd prefer they make a complete Range Rover replica for an enthusiast, or do something totally original- they've got stuck in the middle and that robs it of uniqueness and credibility. People familiar with Land Rover and Range Rover will laugh at it- like we do at any ordinary car with a Ferrari monogram on it, or those shallow attempts to make a Hero Honda into a Honda.

Remember Leepu from Bangladesh? He made a really neat replica of a Ferrari F50 on a Honda platform, and it looked good, even up close. The difference? It was huge! The real F50 isn't so big. EMT did a replica of the F430 here, but it looks a little odd, given its height, and doesn't look so neatly assembled, but still comparable, and cost-effective, and far more accurate.

We need to encourage this scene. It's worth it. We can't use the cars they're copying regularly, so this may be a fun alternative. A nice way to say "my other car's a Ferrari", if it really is.

Let's not lump these people with Geely, Hongqi, BYD, Dadi, Laibao and all those mass-producing Chinese copy-car companies who steal high-profile international designs and build cars purely for profit- this is a replica-on-demand or a custom-on-demand thing.

Great work.Tata design team should see this car for getting idea to add more customers to safari Family. I do not think Safari storme can make miracle like XUV.And believe me Safari's look is still mind blowing and they should work on its gear box and Steering to match with competitors.