CarCrazyASTL

How to deal with new but torn on side wall?

Hi!

Before 2 month during my dad's visit to Pune, rear (tubeless) tire of my Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI was puncture & as my dumb driver was driving it, he noticed it only when tire was flattend & the side wall has arround 1 inch cut! They repaced the tire with stepny & came to pune. In pune we visited MRF's Showroom & that guy told thar puncture or tear on side-wall can't be repaired & at that moment I need to buy another tire & my only 10k Km used tire without a single puncture beacame waste!

Yesterday when I visited the garage saw that tire & suddenly Idea of restoring or recycling it came into my mind! so I want to ask you that

1. Is there any way to restore the tire?
  2. After restoring it can I resale it? & for how much?
  3. Can I sell it in current condition?to whome? for how much?

It's MRF ZV2K 15 inch radial tubeless tire used for 20 months & is stoked for 2 months, It's in mint condition except that 1 inch torn section on sidewall!

Please reply!

Such patch work does not really last , even using it with a tube wont make it safe,the side wall would buckle under your cars weight and expose the tube inside to elements.

play safe discard it

I am not sure anyone would be willing to buy a used tyre with this description.

A simple solution is to get the tyre patched and use it with a tube.... You may keep this tyre as stepny

It'll not be Safe

Such patch work does not really last , even using it with a tube wont make it safe,the side wall would buckle under your cars weight and expose the tube inside to elements.

play safe discard it

I am not sure anyone would be willing to buy a used tyre with this description.

I've already replaced that tire with the new one! but I just want to utilise It & I think that "Tyre-wala anna" will buy it & probabelly recycle It!

Step 1: Donate the tyre to a rioter to burn.

Step 2: Buy a new tyre.

Lol! but buring the tyre will cause huge pollution & I'm against It!

Its good that you bought a New tyre but why didn't you exchanged the older one while purchasing it, whether they would've kept it for 400-600 rs(hypothetical figure), you would've sold it at that time.

Or you can also re-sell it at anyother shop, probably which deal in re-treading the tyres. It's of best use to them only.

Well everyone seems to be talking about saftey.. Well thats true but what you need to understand is that I am only suggesting the faulty tyre to be used as a Spare tyre which in any case will not be used for more than 50 km tht too only in case of a completely flat tyre which does not happen so quickly in a Tubeless tyre.

I really dont think that using this tyre as a spare wheel will be compromising with saftey as it will hardly covery any distance.

FYI If you see a spare wheel provided with Audi's you will be afraid to even imagine that wheel actually fixed on your vehicle

^^^

Space saver Tyre wont burst very easily but your Tyre? Its not a distance of 5kms or 500kms, we need a safe spare wheel. period.

For recycling, Cut the Tyre into 4 or more equi Flower pots and grow plants. This could be the only GREEN thing that could be done with used Tyre.

Its good that you bought a New tyre but why didn't you exchanged the older one while purchasing it, whether they would've kept it for 400-600 rs(hypothetical figure), you would've sold it at that time.

Or you can also re-sell it at anyother shop, probably which deal in re-treading the tyres. It's of best use to them only.

I asked him, but he said that we only sell new tyres & hence unable to buy it!

^^^

Space saver Tyre wont burst very easily but your Tyre? Its not a distance of 5kms or 500kms, we need a safe spare wheel. period.

For recycling, Cut the Tyre into 4 or more equi Flower pots and grow plants. This could be the only GREEN thing that could be done with used Tyre.

Good Idea!

Well everyone seems to be talking about saftey.. Well thats true but what you need to understand is that I am only suggesting the faulty tyre to be used as a Spare tyre which in any case will not be used for more than 50 km tht too only in case of a completely flat tyre which does not happen so quickly in a Tubeless tyre.

I really dont think that using this tyre as a spare wheel will be compromising with saftey as it will hardly covery any distance.

FYI If you see a spare wheel provided with Audi's you will be afraid to even imagine that wheel actually fixed on your vehicle

Ya! you are right!

but as It's our family car, we can't take risk! So we bought a new one & now to use this trick, I need to buy a new reem!