mndvishnu

Swift Sedan christened the Dzire!!!

Maruti Suzki is replacing the Esteem with Swift Sedan called as DEZIRE , here is some news about it

empty.gif

Maruti Suzuki to replace Esteem with Dezire
7 Jan, 2008, 0000 hrs IST,Chanchal Pal Chauhan, TNN

doweshowbellyad = 0;

photomsid=2679753

NEW DELHI: For staunch three-box lovers, Maruti Suzuki is coming up with the new Dezire, the replacement for its long-serving Esteem. With the curtains down on the Esteem after a 14-year long drive, the new offering, Dezire, will have a host of contemporary new features which were otherwise missing in the Esteem and not available in any of the current lot of mid-sized cars.

Dezire, Maruti Suzuki

DEZIRE would surely be a great option for C segment entrants. But Maruti has been struggling with production of the diesel engines, with 6-7 months waiting period for the swift DDIS. So hope they manage the DEZIRE well.

Hey guys what will happen to SX4 if it is priced around 7 lakhs .Bad move by Suzuki it will make its own C segment king fall .Talking about ABS is it a 3 valve one in which 2 are for front and 1 for rear or just 2 for front.

Thats a good name gven by the maruti , but after seeing some freat snaps of Toyota yaris sedan  posted by you mndvishnu , my desire is for the yaris sedan , so no Desire for the Suzuki Dezire , but thank you for the info about the name

Regards,

priya

When it is going to be in the showrooms........are they going to launch both the diesel and petrol versions or only the petrol initially?

its going to be launched somewhere around march or april and i think both petrol and diesel will be launched together

Cheers!!!

Theres nothing new on the Dezire. the rear is as bulbous and heavy as an Indigo. Backing this car up will be a pain in the neck. The tail lights look a lotl ike Nissan Tenea.

I ve got mail from MSIL - DEZIRE

Dear Mr. Chatterjee    ,

Thank you for visiting our website.

We thank you for your interest in our products. We wish to inform you

that as of now there is no official information regarding the launch of

Dezire, However we have a Swift in diesel model.

We will shortly get in touch with you over phone (0712-2510544) to have

more details about exact requirements and to provide you with the

requested information.

Kindly bear with us till such time. Do let us know if there is any change in your contact details.

Thanking & assuring you of our best services at all times.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.

Regards,

ANY TIME MARUTI

(Call- 9910202020 or Toll Free-1800 1800 180)

International Toll Free Numbers:

1866 527 5698 (From USA and Canada)

0800 0852247 (From UK)

Please Visit us at <http://www.marutisuzuki.com

Last week I read in the Economic Times, that Maruti is gearing up for the Launch of a diesel sedan to replace the Esteem in early March. It is going to be called the Desire.

We will come to know if this is just speculation in a couple of weeks.

Suzuki Dezire was suppose to be launched in first week of march and still no clues about when it is going to be launched. Training for sales guys from dealerships has been over and this is what dezire is going to be launched with:

dezire petrol - versions lxi,vxi,zxi

price range 4,70,000 - 5,70,000 ex showroom

dezire diesel - ldi,vdi,zdi

price range - 5,20,000-6,50,000

there is no swift zdi coming.

I am thinking of buying a new hatchback ( most probably the swift) when I happened to see this thread just now...can anybody please guide me as to why one may want to shell 60-70k more for this car when it has almost the same features as the swift except for probably a few extra centimetres in the back and a large boot ( which atleast I rarely use as my driving is limited to the city).

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic but does anybody have an idea when is the new U-VA expected to come to India ?

Regards

Vishesh