So I recently got a XUV500. My driver complained about poor visibility with the stock lights on the highway, so dad decided to get HID light installed in the car.

Problem - While the low-beam HID lights work fine, during the high-beam there is a shadow right in the middle of the light.

The reason of the shadow is the daytime running lamps like found on Audi cars on the XUV500. At least this is what the shopkeeper told me. Due to this, visibility is affected heavily especially on highway.

What I want to know is, whether the shopkeeper is right or not? The issue does seem genuine to me, but I am a noob in all this. The shopkeeper tells me he can install some all season light instead of this HID, in which the shadow issue will not exist since the light will be yellow in color.

Any help from any Autocar forum member will be appreciated. If anyone here lives in Kolkata and can help me with this issue, I will greatly appreciate it.

Don't wanna screw my XUV500 due to a shopkeeper. :\

I read in some fellow XUV user's ownership report in Team-BHP.com that the shadow in the headlamp was rectified in the Mahindra workshop. Please do take your XUV there and see whether you can fix it. Else do check whether a Xenon or HID lamp is available for the XUV in the market.

By the way we too own an XUV and do share what variant and color you own. Also point out if you have any niggles with your car if you are willing. How is the braking? Our car(almost every XUV) gives a grinding noise under hard braking.

Installing HID can be a good option; but as your post says there is shadow problem!

So, I'ld like to suggest you to install Rally Style Fog lamps on Bumper & on Roof! This'll not only provide you exellent visiblity, but also add a charm to your beast!

... suggest you to install Rally Style Fog lamps on Bumper & on Roof !...

I wonder whether that would be nice ? On the roof and on the bumper.

It would certainly spoil the looks and even damage the original stuff.

Instead you can try getting a crash guard installed and on that you can

mount the fog lamps, if you like it that way. Try it once and if it not OK,

then you can always remove the stuff.

I wonder whether that would be nice ? On the roof and on the bumper.

It would certainly spoil the looks and even damage the original stuff.

Instead you can try getting a crash guard installed and on that you can

mount the fog lamps, if you like it that way. Try it once and if it not OK,

then you can always remove the stuff.

427530_10150650678014173_298850354172_8948891_726983999_n.jpgJust look at this man!

Just what eRajesh want.

Perfect match to his requirements.

Have you observed one strange thing in the photo ?

A M&M XUV500 with Maruti Suzuki logo stickered rally car ?

Good to look at. Especially those four large lamps.

Thanks for sharing that good snap.

Can we have more details on that motoring event ?

Just what eRajesh want.

Perfect match to his requirements.

Have you observed one strange thing in the photo ?

A M&M XUV500 with Maruti Suzuki logo stickered rally car ?

Good to look at. Especially those four large lamps.

Thanks for sharing that good snap.

Can we have more details on that motoring event ?

Look at this there are more ways to make XUV look cool!Mahindra-XUV500-Desert-Storm-Rally-e1331180712822.jpgAn-image-of-Gaurav-Gills-Mahindra-XUV500-Crossover-ahead-of-the-2012-Desert-Storm-Rally.jpgsafari1.jpg

This one is Safari Strome, but if you put fog lamps in this way on your XUV; It's looks & Visibility both will be better!

& the Rally XUV shown in pics above is from Maruti Suzuki Desert Strom: It's rally held by Maruti Suzuki every year in the interiors of Rajasthan and along the Gujarat coastline! Over the years the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm Rally has graduated from being a single category event to running four categories; Xtreme, Moto, Ndure and Xplore. The Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm is one of the toughest and most popular rallies in the country given the conditions, tough stages and spectacular terrain ranging from desert stretches and vast salt flats to dirt tracks. Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm is organized in partnership with Northern Motorsport one of the leading motorsport organization in India. With a team of experienced automotive enthusiasts, Maruti Suzuki and Northern Motorsport together are exploring the unexplored terrains of motorsports in India. Participents travel over 3k Km in 6 days!