AMG1

ACI Exclusive review: Nissan Evalia MPV

India-spec Evalia features more upmarket Interior Upholstery & Driver oriented bits, which are shared with New-gen V-Platform based Micra & Sunny to keep the costs down.

Thank god, Nissan also have finally got the distinguishing product of their own, for the moment. Else it seems that all the Renault-Nissan mass products are roaming on roads in two different dressing styles i.e Casual & Formal.

Looks like the people carrier India has been waiting for. This can surely bring Nissan India the volumes. Now all they need to do is expand their service network at a fast pace. The Evalia surely presses all the right buttons. Now to hope for a competitive price

This is for sure going to boost the Family Utility Vehicle (FUV) concept in India. I hope it will be good on build quality as well and will not be just another EECO.

Importantly, I think once this is launched in India, TATA Motors will surely think more on their Venture to make it more lovable among big Indian familes.

Im waiting for the arrival of this vehicle, Vans excite me somehow! For me if this is to make the cut, should have great ingress/egress, spot on driving position, spacious front seats, comfortable ride quality & ok ergonomics. This is not asking much because this is just "basic" these days, not even talking of the competition.

Importantly hope Nissan does not mess up the pricing & features like Renault did with Duster. Also initial success(if any)should not make the company go over the top. Nissan should keep its eyes fixed on the Ertiga, while also thinking about Xylo, Scorpio, Bolero, Tavera, Sumo, etc. Would be better if it stays clear of Innova for the time being, saying this because Duster went bang into it.

All depends on the pricing. Interiors look too basic, no steering mounted controls even on top-end version. Small wheels etc etc.. plus no captian chairs even on top end.

If they price the base variant above 7.5 lakh, it'll flop for sure!

All depends on the pricing. Interiors look too basic, no steering mounted controls even on top-end version. Small wheels etc etc.. plus no captian chairs even on top end.

If they price the base variant above 7.5 lakh, it'll flop for sure!

You'r right!

It'll bw definate hit, if it's priced correctly! I think every bit of it is completely fresh & If moter is fuel efficient & It's marketed correctly, It can also become segment leader, snatching Innova's Crown!

The 14 inchers look out of place but help to keep its planted.Whats dissappoints are the small, vent like window openings in second and third row.Also the glove box could have done with a cover.A product for the TAXI SEGMENT, recently replaced the LONDON BLACK CABS,Prices are to be between 7-10 L , A practical vehicle not a head turner by any stretch of imagination.

It seem to be more targeted towards fleet operators.

Couple of pain points are like non-sliding 2nd and 3rd rows and 2nd row windows opening outward about an inch.

If Nissan is able to price is aggressively then they should see some success by selling to fleet operators.

I would be very difficult to lure private buyers with this one.

The lack of roll down windows at the back aside, the Evalia will do well in the fleet sales segment. Private buyers won't like the look of the vehicle too much.

The last row seems to be quite a task in terms of ingress/egress.