DC is always honoured as best designer in India; but look how he converted a real masterpiece into crap! What he had done is replased front bumper & grills with Mini's,extended whellbase & done some Minor cosmetic changes!

He is avarage at interior; but he does untollerable job on exteriors! Ofcourse there are few exeptions like 'Tarzan' on Honda City!Amby is indeed a great & royal car! It's rear seats are one of the most comfortable seats I've ever made!

Do you think any MP or MLA will use this instead of standard Amby?post-7682-0-86900800-1344788519_thumb.jppost-7682-0-49831100-1344788449_thumb.jppost-7682-0-93552900-1344788556_thumb.jppost-7682-0-86067900-1344788538_thumb.jppost-7682-0-63865100-1344788496_thumb.jppost-7682-0-38519500-1344788475_thumb.jpHindustan%20Motors%20announces%20pre-monsoon%20check-up%20camp%20for%20Ambassadors.jpg

Even Amby looks more beautiful in it's std. avatar!

Do Share your views on this!

To me the front looks pretty similar to the Avigo that HM came up with few years ago. I actually like it. Its not really too loud at all. Interiors are actually DCs forte and this one has a good interior as well. Any idea on the cost?

A more subtle mod this. Doesnt look wacky like most of his earlier designs. Still retains little bit of the classic looks. I like the LED tail lamps plus the length of the car seems to have been increased. Good one DC

I like this newly modified Amby a lot, specially the cozy interior which absord all the stress even if you travel 500 + kMs in a day in this.

I would love to buy this if comes at a reasonable price.

Looks very neat from side. Front should have been made like the original.

But overall the efforts of DC to make Amby desirable should be appreciated . Very thoughtful interior work done by DC.

If HM improves on fit and finish and provide better interior Amby can be one of the best diesel sedan at reasonable price.

on looking at the car in isometric view it looks like the old Ambassador with few curves and some modifications on the face of the car like new head lamps and changed grills. but while looking at the front side its simply a copy of the mini and that's really disgusting from the DC. Also, the side view makes it a Bentley kind of car. DC did a fantastic work in the Tarzan movie so this kind of work pulls out the shine in the DC's name.

The interior is fabulous. The exterior, sadly, hideous. I would have preferred if they continued with the original exterior. People would get the shock of their lives when they pass some unflattering comments about the outside and then proceed to check the interiors...

DC is always honoured as best designer in India; but look how he converted a real masterpiece into crap! What he had done is replased front bumper & grills with Mini's,extended whellbase & done some Minor cosmetic changes!

Do you think any MP or MLA will use this instead of standard Amby?

In comparison to what DC does generally, this is acceptable as a design and gives the bulky car a fresh look. Moreover DC modifies cars by profession and it should not hurt sentiments of amby lovers. This is not as bad as some of the previous DC outcomes.

I do not feel that this would be a hit among Netas as they want to portray themselves as simple individuals with basic necessities. They will have fortuner and LC at home and come to office in normal Amby. Otherwise they will be blamed for public display of power and luxury.

In comparison to what DC does generally, this is acceptable as a design and gives the bulky car a fresh look. Moreover DC modifies cars by profession and it should not hurt sentiments of amby lovers. This is not as bad as some of the previous DC outcomes.

I do not feel that this would be a hit among Netas as they want to portray themselves as simple individuals with basic necessities. They will have fortuner and LC at home and come to office in normal Amby. Otherwise they will be blamed for public display of power and luxury.

Now-a-days, arround 90% of our netaji uses this vehicles in following manner,

Bottom lavel (Corporaters & Party Officials) - Scorpio/ Safari / Innova

mid lavel (mayors & MLAs) - XUV/Fortuner/Pajaro

Top lavel (Ministers & MPs) - LC/Q7/ Merc E-class