AMG1

Skoda Yeti LWB

This would actually work well in India but Skoda needs to get the price right and if its a true 7 seater. What Skoda needs to do first is get a DSG autobox into the Yeti. For a car of its size it would do well with one. An LWB Yeti should seem fine at say 21 odd lakhs maybe?

Can't understand why companies are regularly coming up with LWB versions for the Chinese market only and not for the Indian market. Only Maruti seems to understand the real psychology of the Indian buyer wanting more car for less money.(Ertiga). I wish at least TATA would come with LWB models for the Manza and Storme (with front facing seats+ good lugguage space).Imagine if Ford (fiesta) classica, Honda City, Renault Duster, SX etc become available with LWB models. The additional cost for the manufacturer would not be much as most of the parts and panels would be the same.

Before some days, there was a statement from Skoda, that they are working on 7 seater version of Fabia roomster for Asian Markets & I think instead of yeti with longer wheel-base; they will bring nextgen Fabia Roomster to India!2007skodaroomster.jpg

The Yeti LWB, with a base variant starting with the 1.6TDI from the Rapid and the current 2.0TDI for the top spec variant would help Skoda break into a completely new price band.

The Yeti is a real treat to drive, but the high entry price and Skoda's shaky brand value due to it's A.S.S. is something that needs to be repaired with some positive changes and product launches.

I would not hesitate to purchase a modern Skoda, I currently drive an automatic civic sedan and a manual small car. DSG is well-proven and most of all extremely fast in shifting and this is standard and consists in chrome highlights on the steering wheels, some switches, levers and controls.

The problem with Yeti is that it doesn't look SUV-ish, so instead of adding more space it would be better if it's gonna positioned a bit premium to Renault Duster.

O.T: I think TATA cars(begining from Nano), they all are having adequate legroom & boot space at rear.

Then what's the advantage of further extending the Wheelbase, afterall added dimensions will eat more road space & hence will be a problematic to drive in today trafficky scenario.