mail2tanin

Which car to buy ?

I am planning to buy a fully loaded car within 5.5 lakh and I would be driving about 500 Km per month. Any idea which type of car should i go for Petrol / Diesel / CNG? And what should be my choice from below and why ?

" i10, i20, Brio, Beat, Figo, Micra, Renault Pulse, Swift, Ritz, AStar, Skoda Fabia, Liva, Punto, Etios, Polo "

I am planning to buy a fully loaded car within 5.5 lakh and I would be driving about 500 Km per month. Any idea which type of car should i go for Petrol / Diesel / CNG? And what should be my choice from below and why ?

" i10, i20, Brio, Beat, Figo, Micra, Renault Pulse, Swift, Ritz, AStar, Skoda Fabia, Liva, Punto, Etios, Polo "

Well looking at your budget (i guess it is OTR) and requirement, you need to rule out I20, Renault Pulse, Polo, ETIOS, PUNTO Swift, Fabia, Liva.

Then you rest with I10, Brio, Beat, Figo, Micra, Ritz, Astar. And I would like to add Wagone-R.

Looking at monthly running, you should pick a petrol car and should go for Wagon-R Vxi with Option Pack.

The positives that you will get if you buy Wagon-R would be: Maruti Service Network, Ease of Spare and Service, Spacious even for 5 adult people, Very good on the road Fuel economy, features like, PS, PW, Rear Wipe, washer, defogger, Fog lamp (rear & front), in dash AUX/USB/CD music system with 4 speakers, front Airbags, ABS, EBD and most of all a high resale value.

So in my opinion, close your eyes and book a Wagon-R Vxi with option pack (which includes Airbags, ABS, EBD like safety features). Dont forget to bargain with delear. These days delears are offering very good discounts on petrol cars.

Enjoy.

Edited by Sstar

The Honda Brio is also an excellent car. Do test drive Honda Brio and Wagon R Vxi as Sstar pointed out above. I feel the Honda Brio has a better engine, quality and finesse than the Wagon R but still depends on your testdrive. Both are good cars.

pick your choice based on your test drive and push for discounts. Do not buy diesel car as you have limited usage and buying a diesel car will be an expensive buy.

The Honda Brio is also an excellent car. Do test drive Honda Brio and Wagon R Vxi as Sstar pointed out above. I feel the Honda Brio has a better engine, quality and finesse than the Wagon R but still depends on your testdrive. Both are good cars.

pick your choice based on your test drive and push for discounts. Do not buy diesel car as you have limited usage and buying a diesel car will be an expensive buy.

I'll strongly recomend you, that don't buy Honda Brio!

it's tailgate is completely made up of glass & It's very dangerous in rear-end collision & in country like ours; where roads are filled with idiots, It's probability is considerable!

Out of these, I like to shortlist these Petrol cars as per their desirability & user-friendliness quotient,

-Renault Pulse(same as Nissan Micra but still i rate it better).

-Nissan Micra(very affordable in buying & ownership costs due to very tempting offers on it).

-VW Polo 1.2(though a bit noisy at low revs but equally powerful & fuel efficient).

-Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.2 VVT(The best car in the country but rated it down the line here, because it may not satisfy the brand aspirations of many).

-Honda BRIO(A great car, but its Glass tail-gate leaves doubts in the mind, but in reality its designed well with keeping every safety aspect in mind).

Buy Maruti Swift 1.2 VVT with closed eyes but only if you like Maruti-brand & the car itself, else look at other options quoted above with their pros & cons.

Out of these, I like to shortlist these Petrol cars as per their desirability & user-friendliness quotient,

-Renault Pulse(same as Nissan Micra but still i rate it better).

-Nissan Micra(very affordable in buying & ownership costs due to very tempting offers on it).

-VW Polo 1.2(though a bit noisy at low revs but equally powerful & fuel efficient).

-Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.2 VVT(The best car in the country but rated it down the line here, because it may not satisfy the brand aspirations of many).

-Honda BRIO(A great car, but its Glass tail-gate leaves doubts in the mind, but in reality its designed well with keeping every safety aspect in mind).

Buy Maruti Swift 1.2 VVT with closed eyes but only if you like Maruti-brand & the car itself, else look at other options quoted above with their pros & cons.

Their are seviour brake issues with New Maruti Suzuki Swift & dezire! please find the same here :

http://forum.autocarindia.com/index.php?/topic/8746-bad-news-for-new-swift-owners/page__p__139322__hl__+brake%20+problem#entry139322

as you are also a new dezire owner!

My personal point of view about this than I prefer for Honda Brio. You have a proper budget than it is the best and ideal option for you and it's price of 3.95 - 5.10 Lakhs (approximately). One of the best thing about this car is Entertaining performance, sweet i-VTEC engine & healthy power-to-weight ratio.