messengerb4u

Bajaj Lite

The country's second largest bike maker Bajaj Auto Ltd on Tuesday cocked a snook at those who sniggered at its efforts to get into the passenger car market.

The company silently unveiled its 'Lite' concept car in New Delhi, two days before the much hyped launch of Tata Motors' Rs 1 lakh car.

Bajaj Auto, the country's second biggest two-wheeler maker, said it plans to bring out its small car in collaboration with Renault and Nissan within four years but it will not be for Rs 1 lakh (Rs 100,000).

"I know Carlos Ghosn (President and CEO of Renault and Nissan) has set a target of 2010 for Bajaj-Renault car. While it is hard to put any time-frame, we can say in two-four years we can expect to have the product ready," Bajaj Auto managing director Rajiv Bajaj told reporters in New Delhi.

Bajaj declined to give a specific price of the small car. Ghosn has earlier stated that Renault was looking for a $3,000 car in India, a move triggered by Tata Motors' Rs 1 lakh car that will be unveiled later this week.

http://specials.rediff.com/money/2008/jan/08sld01.jpg

So renaul and bajaj are planning to come up with a tie up car , sounds good, but i still feel maruti;s will be the better from the two of these , i hope they do it quite well , well that was indeed a good info messengerb4u

Regards,

Priya

08sld01.jpg

Next

Next_a.gif

Here's the Bajaj small car, but  it won't cost Rs 1 lakh!

January 08, 2008

The country's second largest

bike maker Bajaj Auto Ltd on Tuesday cocked a snook at those who

sniggered at its efforts to get into the passenger car market.

The company silently unveiled its 'Lite'

concept car in New Delhi, two days before the much hyped launch of Tata

Motors' Rs 1 lakh car.

Bajaj Auto, the country's second

biggest two-wheeler maker, said it plans to bring out its small car in

collaboration with Renault and Nissan within four years but it will not be for Rs 1 lakh (Rs 100,000).

"I know Carlos Ghosn (President and

CEO of Renault and Nissan) has set a target of 2010 for Bajaj-Renault

car. While it is hard to put any time-frame, we can say in two-four

years we can expect to have the product ready," Bajaj Auto managing

director Rajiv Bajaj told reporters in New Delhi.

Bajaj declined to give a specific

price of the small car. Ghosn has earlier stated that Renault was

looking for a $3,000 car in India, a move triggered by Tata Motors' Rs

1 lakh car that will be unveiled later this week.

Source: Rediffnews 8th Jan 2008

But does that not look like a poor man's i10?

Poor mans i10 , he he Lol , looks like a cross of i10 and estilo , he he , but looks fine enough , great info once again , but would be gald to know its specs and features plus the launch date

And Dear FRG , please Merge the Thread of Bajajs car , as tehre are 3 thread regarding the same , 1 here , one by Zander and one by Rugs_tachy

Regards,
priya
pryas2008-01-08 14:07:56

Great Ones Anjan , the steering looks good , the gearbox looks funny , he he , nice work from Bajaj i should say , if they price it around 1.5 lakhs should be a success!

Regards,

priya

Great Work Anjan & Zander looks good and neat , might be a success!!! , bt it says it will be launched after a year or 2 , which meanswe got to wait , but i am keenly wiating for marutis Hot cake for 1.7 lakhs

Cheers!!!
mndvishnu2008-01-09 04:07:13

The dash looks a bit cluttered it will be good to c how we will look towards the side to check on the gauges. Also the gear lever is too high up it can accidentally shift when the driver or passenger moves around. If its a CVT it  would cause a lot less problem then a manual. But bajaj is saying its "Semi manual" God knows wat dat means.

Guys , the good news is that Tata's are gonna display thier 1 lakh car in Delhi auto expo tomorrow , hope some of our forum members go there and Snap a few pics of it and post it in here

Regards,

Priya

I was speculating that Tata's one lakh car would kill the Bajaj three wheeled auto-rickshaw. Bajaj is planning well ahead before Tata succeeds in that. Good for everybody.