Pranab*

Replacement for my Getz?

Hii!

I'm back after a while now, Seems there forum has changed quite a lot.

Well i've been studying abroad, so im not really familiar with the recent car market in India. Out there i drive a second hand mini 1.6 2007 model. ( cars are cheap there, got it for 3750 quid ) anyway my dad is looking to replace the really old getz which is giving an horrible average these days. Mostly will be going in for a diesel car unless my sister says she will be driving which is unlikely. what are the options available? suggest both petrol and diesel but I think we are leaning towards diesel.

Car will be city driven only, will be chauffeur driven day to day from home to office and around town. what else, will use it for 5 years, average is one of the highest priority. Budget not sure- around 7 lacks i suppose.

My dad is keen on the polo but i want to know what are the options available ?

Thanks

Go for either VW Polo or Ford Figo!

This are the best choises for diesel hatches!

& for chauffer diven segment Nissan Sunny makes more sence than anyone else & Ford Fiesta Classic or Skoda Rapid is also a good choise & In your budget you can get their middle trim in petrol, but this cars do offer you more road presence, Safety, Comfort & Performance than above mentioned diesel hatches! If your monthly drive is 1000Km or more, then only go for diesel!

Anyways how was your experience with Mini?

Since your priority is ' mileage' and diesel I think these will be more suitable options than to go for POLO due to diesel option, low on maintenance and easy availability of service and parts - Mahindra Verito , Tata Manza , Tata Vista , Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Ford Fiesta Classic ,Toyota Etios , Swift Dzire, Swift, Ritz.

In the hatchback segment, Hyundai new i20 CRDi is also a good option.

Amongst sedans, New Swift DZire is the best of the lot but if you want the car early then Mahindra Verito is the next best option to consider, I'd say.

Dont go for Polo as it has rear leg room very crampped. I mean I have seen it. Instead I would suggest that since you have a budget of 6 to 7 lacs, look for followings:

Hatch:

1. Etios Liva diesel (Gd with option pack). - huge interior space, Toyota reliability and service network, safety features, less waiting period than Swift. Only negative that I notice is that quality of plastic used for interior.
  2. Swift diesel - plush interior, great outside looks, Zdi variant is fully loaded with luxury comfort and safety, MSIL spreaded service network. Only negative I could notice is the waiting period which is around 6 months right now.
  3. i20 diesel - loaded with features, a newly designed facia on fluidic theme, powerful engine, feel of luxury car. Negative are - you may not get all the safety features in your budget.
  4. Vista Zx diesel - fully loaded, stuffed with safety as well as luxury feature, very good on road FE, reliable FIAT diesel engine (in fact this engine is used in all Maruti's diesel cars as well), excellent interior space, good for even 5 adults. Negative, i think the only negative is that this car is with TATA and hence people relate it with Taxi segment image. Otherwise, had this been with Toyota or Maruti, then it would be market's leading product.
  5. Ritz Vdi (ABS) - very good interior space, tall boy design, comfortable sitting even for 5 adults, very practical boot space, ABS, MSIL spreaded service network, FE diesel. Negatives are - it is soon going to get a face lift, absence of airbags.

Sedan:

1. Swift Dzzire diesel - plush interior, great outside looks, Zdi variant is fully loaded with luxury comfort and safety, MSIL spreaded service network. Only negative I could notice is the waiting period which is around 6 months right now and rear leg room is little less than other cars in segment, smallest boot in the segment.
  2. Mahindra Verito diesel – reliable Nissan engine, high FE, good interior space for 5 adults, boot space is good too, fresh looks, Mahindra cars are known for low maintenance. Negative, I think this is one of the most practical sedan for day to day use so no negative from my view point.
  3. Manza - very good on road FE, reliable FIAT diesel engine (in fact this engine is used in all Maruti's diesel cars as well), excellent interior space, good for even 5 adults.
    Negative, i think the only negative is that this car is with TATA and you may also not be able to get some safety features in your price range.
  4. Toyota Etios diesel - huge interior space, Toyota reliability and service network, less waiting period than Dzzire. Only negative that I notice is that quality of plastic used for interior and you may not get some safety feature in price range.
  5. Fiat Linea diesel – I think the most under rated car, very good space, boot size, a segment above then other cars in the segment so a feel good factor, built tough, reliable FIAT diesel engine, FE, good bargains are on offer. Negative, I think you will only Dynamic model in 7 lac rupees which may not have all safety features.

Edited by Sstar