AMG1

SCOOP! Etios with Beige interior spy pics

We've got our hands on the spy shots of Etios with lighter shade interiors, let the pictures do the talking.

post-4747-0-34052200-1346236466.jpg

post-4747-0-10861000-1346236481.jpg

post-4747-0-41810300-1346236494.jpg

This car was spotted at a Mumbai dealer, this means launch could be close!

I think its not a to be launch. Its a option pack which is done at dealer level includes re-done interiors/seat covers etc. and available for quite a long time. Correct me if i am wrong.

This change was long expected from Toyota India, since ETIOS twins launch.

But still, they tried to extract as much market share from the initial ETIOS with poorly laid out dark grey interiors but in a timely fashion they had tried to add the spice to it & I'm sure it'll definitely work out for Toyota India this time.

As mentioned by ashikawa, i also think these beige interiors have been there as a dealer level option for quite sometime.

Don't know if this has been made as a factory level option now?

I think sometime back Toyota has changed the light grey/black color theme to dark grey/black.

Anyways after having gone through the pain of maintaining beige interiors in my previous car, it scares me away.

Black interiors are much better anyday.

I think sometime back Toyota has changed the light grey/black color theme to dark grey/black.

Anyways after having gone through the pain of maintaining beige interiors in my previous car, it scares me away.

Black interiors are much better anyday.

Agree Only a little beige looks good. Too much of beige spoils the looks and look cheap. Same thing was done to spark interiors and now they look cheap compare to previous black one. This beige option was available from January 2012 itself. See the link http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/toyota-etios/toyota-dealers-give-etios-beige-interiors/.

It may be possible that now they might have started giving it as factory fitment.

I agree with Ashikawa.. beige interiors were already an option on the Etios starting somewhere this year.

There was a thread too wherein someone had commented how they give the interiors the beige color.. It was basically a dealer level option.

Grey/Beige.. the Etios interiors are too cheap anyway

Its an optional equipment as of now, customers can pay around Rs 35,000 and get it done on their cars. It will be soon a standard equipment on all Etios and Liva models with upwards of G trim-levels.

Only Beige colour can't improve the interiors; Quality of materials matters more! But due to use of grey interiors over 2 decade in nearly every vehicle, Indian cutomers consider beige as upmarket!

@MODs - We are getting lots of scoops now-a-day; please provide some Icecream as well!

(Please Don't take it personally, I'm just joking!)

Its an optional equipment as of now, customers can pay around Rs 35,000 and get it done on their cars. It will be soon a standard equipment on all Etios and Liva models with upwards of G trim-levels.

Just like the Figo where top model gets the ugly looking bringle colour dashboard. So as of now people buying lower trims can enjoy all black which looks better than beige. Edited by ashikawa

Which ever color they may pour onto the dash.. it can't look attractive to customers..

As the layout and shape is quite odd and looks like finished in hurry.

Etios twins went very wrong way in terms of design, it could have been way better.

Which ever color they may pour onto the dash.. it can't look attractive to customers..

As the layout and shape is quite odd and looks like finished in hurry.

Etios twins went very wrong way in terms of design, it could have been way better.

But they are still selling in good numbers.Cost cutting is evident but then the typical Indian buyer wants a no nonsense car which i feel the Toyotas fit the bill. But yes the beige in the pictures above is big improvement on the boring grey. Hope fully this should be seen standard soon

The Etios is slighty less ugly than the VERITO , had it not been for the reliable engine it would have been lost , the taxi segment has scooped these siblings in a good number atleast in delhi, showing once again that these machines are built to last (engine wise)

No matter what colour it comes in it will always remain ugly .

But they are still selling in good numbers.Cost cutting is evident but then the typical Indian buyer wants a no nonsense car which i feel the Toyotas fit the bill.

I agree, though interiors are boring to look at but it scores on functionality over form.

It all depends on a person, for me i would prefer a car with less features which can perform day in and day out without any trouble than to have one which gives problem and requires frequent service station visits.

The colour change is definitely a step in the positive direction, but such heavy cost cutting at the cost of quality isn't something one expects of Toyota. The car still looks and feels cheap.

The brand value for Toyota has surely taken a beating, having owned a Toyota, I wouldn't say the Etios twins are worthy of the Toyota badge. Launching it as a Diahatsu, like Renault plans on doing with the Datsun would've been a wiser move.

Its available across the ETIOS & Liva(both petrol & diesel) but its available in G-SP/GD-SP variants & above.

However base J & G/G-D variant still come with monotone Dark grey upholstery.

Another news is that Power steering is added to the base J variant to the ETIOS & Liva's base variant, which was previously shod with AC-Heater only.