pryas

Rhino MUV @ 6 Lacs

The point is that Rhino cannot compete immediately with Innova or the likes of Scorpio or safari, because its got ownership issues overall maintainence, efficiency, serviceability etc etc... therefore its better to go in for a tried tested vehicles....

Engine might be good for rhino but what about other parts, their quality, levels of service etc.... no one is going to buy a MUV just for the sake of Engine parameters!!!

yes raj' date=' its not about the price here

i dont know about the safari but mahindra engines are very reliable

thought not their cars, it may have 100 squeaks and rattles, 1000 niggling problems, but their engines keep going on and on

none can be compared to the innova for reliabilty
[/quote']

The only reliable Mahindra engine is the older Perkins which incidentally formed the base for the Scorpio engine. The Puegot based DP is a joke, 60,000km without top end job is considered divine intervention.

i have only seen the bolero, scorpio turbo and scorpio CRDe engines

no idea which series though

the turbo has crossed its 1 and half lakh mark without any engine trouble and the CRDe has done 120000 without any probs

can the rhino engine sustain so long like the mahindra and toyota engines

I went to the showroom at Erode  and took the pictures of it.. It looks different from the pictures posted in the ICML website. When i asked the consultant abt it he said i might have seen the Super Deluxe model ..

Below is the Deluxe model .. The vehicle costs 8.3L OTR Erode .

dsc00162tz6.jpg

dsc00159rr1.jpg

dsc00158nn0.jpg

dsc00160rm4.jpg

dsc00163da4.jpg

Note : This being a Turbocharged Engine , we need to run the engine idle for one min after starting and before switching off the engine (A sticker was pasted on the dashboard)

so there is a upgration...... but there ain't to many showrooms of rhino..... why so?.... actually i have never even seen one..... (showroom)..... obviously you get to see lotz of them on the highway

The second set of pics sure is better but the uneven gap for the

glovebox looks a bit awkward (am i nitpicking?).  i've read the

suspension has been set up by Lotus and it handles and rides pretty

well. All said and done, there aren't enough dealerships and the

company and the product are still an unknown quantity. Maybe this

company is for the future, but as of now, it would be the Innova for

me. 

they are looking for dealers  .. The pitcure i took was on the Deluxe model and was taken on Jan 25 2008 .. And the showroom is yet to be completed fully. The consultant told me that wat i was seeing that time was the actual rhino being sold right now.. When i asked abt the difference in the interiors he said i might have seen the Super Deluxe model and that too he was not sure..

The current model which i have clicked costs 8.3L ... I could go for Scorpio for this price...

Doesnt look all that great' date='grande sumo is much better in comparison. [/quote']

Though it doesnot look all that good , i feel it will have an edge over the sumo Grande , if your budget is fixed , i feel the rhino would be good , stretch your budget to a lakh more and buy Scorpio Crde LX , stretch 50 - 80 k rs mor and get the INNOVA

Cheers!!!

i have read the car's review and d fit and finish is ok..lyk u hav in other suv's but d real drawback of dis car is its engine which is really underpowered at 75 bhp and the engine they say is not even refined till tata's refinement. though the car is in a developmental stage nd u can expect a better rhino with a improved engine in the coming years !!!!