dr_nishu

Maruti Ritz facelift launched at Rs.5.31lacs.

rBC4Bl.jpg

Maruti has launched the refreshed Ritz. The updated hatchback gets a slightly altered and lower mounted nose with a one-piece grille. The headlamps are pointier and the fenders now rise up above the bonnet 'V'. The Interiors receive minor updates, and the rear seats get better lumbar support with a dual-tone interior shade on the mid and top variants.

The updated Ritz sees the addition of a new ZDi variant that gets interior upgrades such as a multi-information display on the instrument panel, a new audio system with USB and electrically adjustable wing mirrors. The top-of-the-line variant also gets alloy wheels, steering mounted controls and dual front airbags. The new Ritz is availalbe only in diesel version.

Under the hood, the Ritz gets the familiar 1.3-litre DDiS powerplant, which now returns 23.2kpl according to Maruti.

Model

New

Old

Ritz Ldi

Rs 5.31 lakh

Rs 5.09 lakh

Ritz Vdi

Rs 5.64 lakh

Rs 5.45 lakh

Ritz Vdi ABS

Rs 5.82 lakh

Rs 5.63 lakh

Ritz Zdi

Rs 6.23 lakh

xx

(Autocar India)

rBC4Bl.jpg

Maruti has launched the refreshed Ritz. The updated hatchback gets a slightly altered and lower mounted nose with a one-piece grille.

The new elongated grille is ugly in my opinion. Especially when viewed from the side. Wonder what they were thinking when working on the front. Mahindra Quanto looks way better than this. Nonetheless, I have little doubt about the Ritz's talents.

i think this is overall a good move, but strange to see that MSIL has only introduced this new avataar in Diesel engine option only.

Either I think they are planning to sell old model in petrol for discount or it is strategy as most people are willing to buy diesel these days.

Demand for petrol versions might have gone down too much to add this new model to the production line of petrol.

Nowadays, people flock showrooms mostly to buy diesels. Makes sense to drop petrol motors and focus completely on diesels to meet demands.

I'm sure there'll be many takers for the ZDi variant.

It may face stiff competition from Figo though.. retails at a price ~20-40k below the Ritz on almost every variant.

Not happy seeing this step motherly treatment being given to petrol version.

Yes, market is heavily tilted towards diesel 80:20 or even more but still there are buyers for petrol.

Now this treatment will definitely take petrol buyers away from it.

Also, IMO the price hike doesn't justify the changes done and brings it closer (price wise) to Swift. Again not a smart move.

Ritz was earlier a more VFM car, an option for people looking for Swift and it's long waiting queue, but not anymore.

Not happy seeing this step motherly treatment being given to petrol version.

Yes, market is heavily tilted towards diesel 80:20 or even more but still there are buyers for petrol.

Now this treatment will definitely take petrol buyers away from it.

exactly, in fact by stop producing petrol which is a latest K12 engine and liked by petrol buyers, MSIL is not justifying the move. Moreover, by doing this, they are forcing people to take 1 lac pricier diesel even though their drive per day does not justify a diesel option.

The stretched grille just make the car look bottom heavy, like someone just pulled the lower lip down to stretch one's mouth open.

I've never been a big fan of the Ritz, but this nose job has definitely given it a little more appeal than before.

OT, a similar treatment for the front end has been done for the A-Star in China, which actually brings across a drastic change in the appearance of that car, to get away from the frog eyed look of the current one. Launching that in India ahead of this Ritz, would have been better for Maruti as the A-Star is struggling with sales.