adi1991

laura l&k vs accord2.4

i am planning to buy a new car and have short listed to skoda laura l&k and honda accord 2.4. both manual transmission. l&k is fitted with so many gadgets but have read so much abt how bad skodas are. i own a octavia currently planning to sell it off soon. but is l&k that bad?.... can't buy a ambt(cheaper version laura) as i am buying through CSD(defence qouta) and ambt is not availbe their... comments and suggestions please.

planning to buy car immediately...please reply soon. 

Hey adi , according to me and as an owner of a civic already , i just love the Honda , its a imprssive car to be prcise , and Skoda comes no where near it , so yur queery is clear and please go ahead with the ACCORD , and you will know the difference!!!!

Regards,

Priya

i just tested both the cars today... the skoda gadgets are so tempting... and i have read that it is the most technologically advanced car... why i am forcing on this that ... new accord is launching soon and hen my car would be an old model...smiley6.gif... skoda is equiped with all gadgets which can beat any car.. but than accord is HONDA... but do u think new accord will totally out date this one?....

accord-2008.jpg

the new accord.

please sugest if thr is any othr car better than these two in this range.

Those gadgets wont last and neither will the novelty with them, the Accord will last and last for long, you will never get tired of the electric smooth engine which loves to be revved and when you trade it in, you will see the Accord retaining maximum value.

k... i think i shouls repeat my question the above pic is of the new accord... i would be buyiung the old one---the current one that is... so buying an old version is it the right choice?

can't wait for the new one.. have to decide today and get the car 2morrow... please reply soon.

topImage_Rear.jpg

this is the pic of the one i am buying...

skoda-laura-1.jpg

laura pic

The Honda Accord is to the US market much like the Alto here. In the US the Accord had been the best selling car in its class. Its also one the most stolen and preferred by car thieves in the US.

Skoda is a cheap brand in the west. In  India and some other upcoming markets Skoda's image is on a high and is a status symbol. In the western markets it as a notch lower than Volkswagen, its sibling. Its rare to spot Skodas in a parking lot in Germany, mainly the erstwhile West Germany.

I'd any day vie for the Honda Accord

The new one will have close to 171bhp compared to the 148bhp of the older one, either way you are always a winner with Accord but obviously the newer one will have more appeal.

well if accord is so good..... then why is that it doesn't offer any good gadgets and stuff?.... and  isn't thr any other car in this range?.... and any one know when is the new accord expected?..... and heard that laura VRS is also coming soon priced at 18 lakhs when is that expected?.... should i wait for the new accord?.... and ya accord offers GPS map and all .... will it provide it india to.... though indian roads are very hard to map.

Accord concentrates on giving you engine, not gadgets, gadgets don't make a car, a balaned engineering does. Accord is reputed across the globe for its butter smooth long life engine, excellent suspension and refinement. A car is not a video game or a toy, the less the gadgets, the lesser the breakdown. GPS is still in its infancy in India, not much coverage where its really needed and the service charges are still prohibitively expensive.

k... i think i am convinced on accord... but should i wait for the new one... when is it expected?... and why are honda upgrading accord so soon... itz only a year since this one was launched

With its frequent upgrades Honda sales stay on top, the newer Accord has a different body styling not to mention a more powerful base as well as V6 model. I would not call the 2.4L older model a slouch in any sense and you might get huge savings when the newer model is launched and the dealer would do a clearence sale for older models.

The DSG Skoda L&K it's the only automatic with a better fuel consumption figure than the manual. That way your Skoda will be overflowing with kit; similarily if something goes wrong then it may be a wallet busting experience. Honda Accord is the bench mark as far as the D segment is concerned. Skoda and Accord are not in the same segment. Accord is one size larger and more powerful than the Skoda. In the Skoda you pay more for the toys than the car, in what is essentially a 105 bhp diesel car.

but when is this new accord expected??--- some say this month only after itz auto expo launch and then their r who say itz launch is in mid 08 or even sept. 08

I am not very sure when is it expected , but i am sure mndvishnu will help you out in this matter , according to me by the pics he has has shown me of the Upcomming accord , it really looks awsome , and he might help out you out!

Regards,

Priya

4956896331c6857709dfx7.jpg187733658627b08b6e9dmw5.jpg

Yes Priya here are some pics of the Stunning new accord ! , it is supposed to be launched in India around Mid 08 or Late 08 , lets hope they also get thier powerful and the best diesel engine too to India , i would suggest Adi to wait for this sizzling hot Car from the Honda Stable!

Cheers!!!

The diesel would be worth it at any price' date=' far better specs than Skoda and way more economical as well.[/quote'] You are right and if you fill in your Gurkha fuel then it will die slowlysmiley36.gif (slow poison).

The diesel would be worth it at any price' date=' far better specs than Skoda and way more economical as well.[/quote'] You are right and if you fill in your Gurkha fuel then it will die slowlysmiley36.gif?(slow poison).

If you mean regular fuel, the Honda is designed to run on pump grade diesel and unlike Bluetec, doesn't need any urea.