bhavneet

Pics: Renault Modus caught testing on Indian roads

Hey Bhavneet,

Great catch.

Did you see any badging ? what makes you say its a Skoda or any other brand for that matter.

Welcome aboard , you sure have started with a bang.

Is this the only picture or did you manage to take other snaps as well ?

personally : To me it looks like an ugly avatar of the RITZ

Thanks guys for the appreciation, I clicked a few pics of the rear and side, but how do i upload them as there's a limit of 500kb for the attachment? help me out pls... the reason i said it might be skoda, as i watched a video of skoda citigo on carbuyer(UK) and had a vague picture of that car in my mind.. so just made a guess...

personally : To me it looks like an ugly avatar of the RITZ

I agree!

Why renault guys are wasting time with such a niche product having limited sells, rather they should launch their flagship product, CLIO! It's driving dynamics will make it a strong competetor of Swift & gross more sells, which are required for company!

This could be Renault's next launch here. But I honestly feel they should look at expanding dealerships and service centres to take care of their existing models instead of launching new ones for now. I think Renault has its hands full with the Duster and it will definitely need good A.S.S

I dont know about the Ford Fiesta hatch. It would be very difficult for Ford to position it. But Im definitely sure that the Modus is on its way here. Renault is on a charge with launches but they really need to expand service centres and dealerships. Renault has just one dealership in a city like Mumbai which is not enough considering the competition

The Modus, IF launched could fit into the Jazz category, but that all depends on the pricing. With the way Renault has gone about pricing all it's products, another pricing disaster like the pulse/scala could see the product DOA.

The Modus in the diesel avtaar would sell well. Although it wont win any beauty contests, looks have never been a criteria for a cars success in India

Absolutely agree. The rear end of the new Dzire for example is ghastly, but that hasn't stopped Maruti from bagging a record number of bookings for it.