F30

Hi all, Finally on ACI Forum

Hi all ,

My name is Karan Chandan

Im from Mumbai, i religiously read the ACI magazine's every issue, so i shall thank ACI & team for being the best Car Mag in India.

I have owned a good mix of cars in the last 7-8 years since i started driving.

The car which i would like to mention is also the car which i learnt driving on and i miss today (as sold few years back) is the Peugeot 309 GLD.

^ The 309 was one of the unfortunate cars in India which did not receive the fame it deserved but im sure it still does have its small fan following.

Post that another car which i would like to mention is the '03 Toyota Corolla

This one is specifically close to my heart as this was the first car which i had modded ( Stage 1 )

However my latest acquisition is the BMW 328i - Sportline (F30)

It is in Alpine White / Coral Red Combo & im loving it :D

^ Still running in though

Other than the 328 my garage includes a Toyota Fortuner 4x4 (M/T), Cruze LTZ (M/T) & a Punto MJD

Thanks for reading, & hope to learn more from this forum :)

Hi Karan

Welcome aboard the ACI forum. Nice to have you here. The 309 was one of my favourites too. Though it looked a bit old at the time of launch it was in my opinion a perfect car for Indian roads. The 1.5 diesel was a workhorse and suspension was fantastic. Sad that Premier made a mess of things which gave the French company a bad name.

Congratulations on your F30 328i Sport. The car looks awesome and I just love those alloys. Im guessing thats your car in your avtaar. :) Red interiors on a white car just perfect

Do start an ownership report thread and hope to see lots of pictures as well. Hope to catch you over some interesting discussions on the forum See ya

Hi Karan

Good to see you here. Thats quite a lineup of cars youve owned. And your 328i sounds absolutely delicious in that white with red interiors combo. Nice to see someone going against the tide and getting the turbo petrol. Hope to see a review of the car on the forum

Drive safe

Hi Karan

Welcome aboard the ACI forum. Nice to have you here. The 309 was one of my favourites too. Though it looked a bit old at the time of launch it was in my opinion a perfect car for Indian roads. The 1.5 diesel was a workhorse and suspension was fantastic. Sad that Premier made a mess of things which gave the French company a bad name.

Congratulations on your F30 328i Sport. The car looks awesome and I just love those alloys. Im guessing thats your car in your avtaar. :) Red interiors on a white car just perfect

Do start an ownership report thread and hope to see lots of pictures as well. Hope to catch you over some interesting discussions on the forum See ya

Thanks you so much !

Yes u guessed it right , that is my car in the avtaar ! :P

Hi Karan

Good to see you here. Thats quite a lineup of cars youve owned. And your 328i sounds absolutely delicious in that white with red interiors combo. Nice to see someone going against the tide and getting the turbo petrol. Hope to see a review of the car on the forum

Drive safe

Thanks ! Yes , the N20 engine was the major reasons for the buy.

Ownership review coming up.

PS - Just an insight i got the car Kochi as there was no White available in Mumbai , will share the entire details in my ownership review.

Welcome!

You have got a nice vehicle line-up & 309 was indeed a great car! Though I was unfortunate to drive one, but it's muscle car like boxy looks, also used to drive me crazy!

Btw, I like your tagline, "HORSEPOWER SELLS CARS, TORQUE WINS RACES"; It's absolutely true!

Welcome!

You have got a nice vehicle line-up & 309 was indeed a great car! Though I was unfortunate to drive one, but it's muscle car like boxy looks, also used to drive me crazy!

Btw, I like your tagline, "HORSEPOWER SELLS CARS, TORQUE WINS RACES"; It's absolutely true!

Thank You !

Yes , thanks to the diesels oil burners which really made me realize the importance of TORQUE.

Also to mention the car which i owned previous to CRUZE i.e the Laura L&K ( M/T) Tremendous is the word

and at that point i was having my corolla as well , yes corolla was more on HP & acceleration but never really could really match the pace maintained by the Laura.

Drove the Laura for 1.13 Lakh kms & sold in 2010

PS - The slick shifting gearbox of Laura was so crisp & such a joy to use, i could marry that gearbox :P

A very warm welcome to the ACI Forum, Looking forward for more posts, drive reviews from you, especially on the new F30.

Happy motoring :)

Welcome to he forum karan.

Please go through the announcements section before posting the content here.

Waiting for your new BMW 3-Series ownership thread here with complete set of pics.

Thanks a lot !

Yes the review has been posted now @ the following link ;

http://forum.autocarindia.com/index.php?/topic/8859-the-ultimat3-f30-bmw-328i-sportline-alpine-whitecoral-red/

Yes , thanks to the diesels oil burners which really made me realize the importance of TORQUE.

corolla was more on HP & acceleration but never really could really match the pace maintained by the Laura.

Yes this is true! Not only huge torque, but huge torque @ lower revs is imp! For Ex. Hona City Ivtech has 17 more horses & same torque as my Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI (now known as Classic), but city devlopes this torque @ 4800 revs while my fiesta devlops is @ 3400 rpms & as i result city always kisses dust from fiesta! & In addition to that power-to-weight ratio, correct suspension & transmission setup also plays crusial roll in car's Driving Dynamics!

Yes this is true! Not only huge torque, but huge torque @ lower revs is imp! For Ex. Hona City Ivtech has 17 more horses & same torque as my Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI (now known as Classic), but city devlopes this torque @ 4800 revs while my fiesta devlops is @ 3400 rpms & as i result city always kisses dust from fiesta! & In addition to that power-to-weight ratio, correct suspension & transmission setup also plays crusial roll in car's Driving Dynamics!

True ! Well versed example. Low end has become so important these days.

Another recent example which i can think of is of the Renault Duster which the 85 bhp spec'd power is more accessible than the 110's ( adding to it the turbo lag ) Which makes it perfect for the city / internal highways.

Other than the 328 my garage includes a Toyota Fortuner 4x4 (M/T), Cruze LTZ (M/T) & a Punto MJD

Punto replacement, the RENAULT SCALA has arrived now :P

Daily drive & yes chauffeur driven ;)

WELCOME CHANDU, JUST MAKE YOUR PRESENCE A DELGIHTED ONE FOR EVERY MEMBER HERE

Heyy !!!

Today i complete an year on this board, do i get anything :-D

Respect !