CarCrazyASTL

Sonalika Rhino goes Xtreme!

This may not be a very intresting launch, but it deserve an applause, as an Indian Tractor manufacturer dares to compete against automotive gaints like GM, Toyota, Maruti & Mahindra! ICML or International Cars & Motors Limited had launched a new MUV called ‘Extreme’ in Hydrabad, yesterday.

Although its last offering, the Rhino, didn’t do all that well despite its close resemblance to the defunct Toyota Qualis, ICML hopes to turn around affairs with the launch of the Extreme, which is a tweaked version of the Rhino.

Based on the Rhino platform, the ICML Extreme is offered in two engine options, i.e. DI and CRD-Fi 2.0 L diesel engines churning out 99bhp/240Nm and 120bhp/285Nm of power respectively. The latter also features on the Chevrolet Tavera Neo3 variant.

A flexible seating layout can accommodate between 7 to 10 occupants. The car will come in four variants, Extreme LD (non-ac), LD (with ac), SD and VD.

The car has been showcased in south India, which will be followed by a north India showcase and finally a pan India launch. A part of the Sonalika group, ICML currently has a dealer network of over 100 outlets across India.

The SUV/MUV segment witnessed a growth of over 25% which is pushing the manufacturers to introduce new models. According to reports, ICML is also planning to bolster its presence in the UV segment with the launch Haval 5 SUV in the future, which is way better than this Extreme n' rhino!

ICML-Extreme.jpg

ICML-Extreme-specifications.jpg

Share your views on it!

Sonalika Rhino goes Xtreme? It looks like the same old Rhino with just a slightly altered bumper and bonnet scoop. The previous Rhino was designed to resemble the then successful Toyota Qualis. The new Rhino should have been designed to look like the Innova, the current MPV king. :D

Jokes apart, The Rhino is a good alternative to the Tavera, Bolero and Sumo Gold rather than a competitor to Innova, Evalia, Ertiga and Xylo. Still the 120 bhp engine was well received by the ACI review of the new Tavera. I think the Rhino scores on this front. Yet to see the interior pictures.

Sonalika Rhino goes Xtreme? It looks like the same old Rhino with just a slightly altered bumper and bonnet scoop.

Actually, title is edited by mods, as the title which I've used was bit harsh & ICML is claiming it to be a completely new vehicle & they have named it as "Extreme!"

Quite an healthy move by ICML(Sonalika) to tap the already extremely competitive market.

Whether as a Rhino or Xtreme, they designed this car with full dedication & commitment by their lesser experience took the toll on the success of this capable vehicle. Initially Rhino suffered from HM sourced poor 2.0L Diesel engine & Quality niggles, later on their Dealer network crashed to support the product.

Now with well finished product & re-structuring their business, lets expect something really worthy from them.

The dual-tone dash seems surprisingly well finished, if compared to the quality of the exterior. The vehicle was initially restricted to non-metros because of the BS3 engine, but now with their new engine, they might be able to increase numbers considerably if the price and vfm tag is explored.

The lack of brand recognition though might limit the sales outside it's local market, just like the Force One is currently experiencing.

Well this looks like a carbon copy of the Mini Qualis, But in no way this can be compared to a Qualis or a Tavera.

I used to travel in cabs everyday and the Tavera & Qualis were comfortable & for few days, I had to travel in a RHINO. OMG you can tell the difference easily. RHINO looses by a huge Margin.

The Suspension set up, Seating, Ride, Comfort, Leg-Room are no good in the Rhino. No way they can be compared with the likes of Qualis or Tavera.

The RHINO may be good for Cab People, but not for families & I remember the RHINO ad which was shot in the Himalayas where an East-Indian boy praises the RHINO. Initially I taught that this was projected for that Market.

Chhers,

$@!