adi1991

SKODA HISTORY --- SKODA ISN'T THAT BAD

Well i was just on a drive with my dad when heard some things about skoda....

1. ORIGINALLY SKODA MADE DIESEL TANK ENGINES..... AND THE BEST DIESEL TANK ENGINES OFCOURSE.

2. AT THE TIME OF WORLD WAR-II THEIR DIESEL ENGINES WERE SOLD OFF IN BLACK... AND THAT ALSO AT QUITE A BIG PERCENTAGE.

3. SKODA CARS ARE PROVING TO BE THE MOST SOLID CARS EVEN NOW.

AND THESE ARE FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES:-

1. SKODA OCTAVIA IS A BEAUTIFULL CAR AND PROBABLY BEST IN IT'S CATEGORY... DIESEL ONE I AM TALKING ABOUT... AND THEIR IS NO OTHER DIESEL CAR IN IT'S CATEGORY... WELL NEW OPTRA MAGNUM IS LEFT OUT CAUSE I THINK IT FALLS A CATEGORY LOWER.

2. WELL I AM A DELHITE THOUGH BUT WE HAVE SET UP OUR BASE IN MUMBAI TOO. AND WHAT DO U KNOW. THE MAXIMUM CARS I HAVE SEEN IN MUMBAI ARE SKODA OCTAVIAS.

By the time u would have known i own one too sadly we would be seeling it off soon and itz only 2yrs. oldsmiley19.gif. well actually we have never kept a car more for more than two yrs( since last 25yrs.).... and as far as i know my family had cars... and a craze for cars since 1960's. 

well any one want to help out and tell me what can i expect for a nov.2005 silver skoda octavia 1.9Tdi rider diesel... very welll mentained.. with leather interiors and 8spks. surround system?... any buyers reading this  

The best tank and tank engine was made by the Germans, the most powerful were used in Panzer and Juggernaut tank, they were dual Mercedes Benz turbo charged engines developing over 1200bhp each.

Skoda is based on VW platform and VW's current ranking in the world car league is quite low. Since Skoda is based on VW platform, calling it a solid car without a relative comparison is vague in every sense. The only reason you see so many Skoda in Mumbai is due to the diesel factor, there were virtually no cars in its segment with diesel engine. The Magnum is a far better buy but it will take some time to etch into the perceived notions. It terms of performance, the Magnum is miles ahead of any Skoda. VW took over Skoda as it needed a cheaper manufacturing base and Eastern European Czech provided the perfect place for it.

i know VW is rated low... that why I said it over skoda recently... magum is good by performance wise no doubt... but is not tried and tested like skoda.. hopefully in another 6 months we would see if their is any problem with it or not

well i dont know about history or its international presence, but i have sat in a skoda, and it makes me feel really secure inside, unlike a corolla or city. maybe the japanese cars have more NCAP ratings, but not even an accord feels the way the skoda does.

**my personal opinion**

And yet Japanese cars not only manage to outlast their so called solid Euro counterparts, they tend to retain their value and score high on NHSTA's critical safety ratings as well, even the might small Jazz managed an impossible ( for its size ) five stars. So I guess its perceptions and nothing else.

just want to add on.. i was driving my skoda octavia at speed of 180km/hr (qiuite high i know but it was around that only probably a little less but not less than 160) it was on boroda - ahemdabad expressway( quite good road :)) and it met with an accident .. a truck driver lost control and came in my lane... serious damge was done to both the truck and my car...( lotz of smoke too)... and the truck seemed to had taken more damge than my car... my car just had it's right fender damage.. tough must say 

yes, thats true gurkha. japanese cars retain their value more and get better ratings. thats what even i told.

but there is a certein feel in a skoda. shut the door of an octavia and then the corolla, u will feel the difference.

no buddy, nothing is wrong. it is not necessary that airbags inflate in every frontal collision. this maybe written in your car manual. they inflate only when the impact is severe enough.

it wasn't a frontal collision but from the side (left).... i think sensors at some distance from the front bumper that when they are hit sir bags come out... corect me if i am wrong

well, i am not so aware about the actual working of aribags.

but its like a car can hit a pole mildly, then skid and crash to any other obstacle. so in such a case, the airbags is more necessary in the second hit rather than the mild hit at the pole. so if the airbags inflates at the first hit, it will be of no use and by the time you hit the second time, its already deflated. so thats the reason airbags dont inflate in every crash.

just want to add on.. i was driving my skoda octavia at speed of 180km/hr (qiuite high i know but it was around that only probably a little less but not less than 160) it was on boroda - ahemdabad expressway( quite good road :)) and it met with an accident .. a truck driver lost control and came in my lane... serious damge was done to both the truck and my car...( lotz of smoke too)... and the truck seemed to had taken more damge than my car... my car just had it's right fender damage..?tough must say?

Thats a matter of chance and collision physics, nothing to do with the build, all cars have crumple zone meant to take the hit and prevent G force damage to the humans inside. I have raced and survived in Honda which flipped thrice. I have had accidents in a Mazda Protege' subcompact which was hit from rear at 90mph by a old full sized Pontiac sedan which was being driven by a drunk and the vehicle has about 3 times more mass than my Mazda. Its luck combined with chance and collision physics.

well i think i have been lucky with filps too.... i survie 3 filps in a MARUTI 800.. well it's front mirron came off ( in one piece) so i just walked out from the windshield( without glass ) without a scracth.. lucky for sure i say