adi1991

DIESELS CARS TO BANNED IN METRO CITIES

heard diesel cars are going to be banned in Delhi... followed by rest of the metro cities... how true is this news and if it is true when is this be implemented... and what will happen to the existing diesel cars...

read the above two articles....

I don't think this is going to be implemented. Banning diesel cars is not a correct solution. Just look at the how Europe is adopting diesel technology in small cars.

Newer diesel cars are comparable or better than petrol cars as far as the emission standards are concerned. So the correct thing to do is

1. ensure unadulterated diesel is available

2. phase out older diesel cars which are the actual cause

a diesel car

Edit:****spelling check****

Dude , you can edit your post Within 15 mins after you have posted your reply , there is a Edit Button down of your signature avaiable for you to edit , and need to post another reply as Edit

Cheers!!!

70% of the cars sold in Europe now are diesel. New diesel technology is much cleaner and fuel efficient than even petrol. The problem in India is we have a bunch of morons making policy decisions on what ever they feel is correct irrespective of any scientific study or backing.

70% of the cars sold in Europe now are diesel. New diesel technology is much cleaner and fuel efficient than even petrol. The problem in India is we have a bunch of morons making policy decisions on what ever they feel is correct irrespective of any scientific study or backing.

i disagree... policy makers are not morons and they dont make logic decisions is the last thing i wanna hear. the policy makers are smarter than any other country but its the govt who dont enforce the policy and the ppl who dont want changes.

i guess this banning of diesel cars is a rumor or it is interpreted wrongly. may be they meant diesel cars that are more than 20 years or something!

the news is that they are going to ban all diesels cars in the capital..... but i think they have changed their mind now and thinking of a new policy..... and ya this is serious as if you are not aware all diesel buses and autos(three wheelers) were giving instruction yo convert it in CNG or you can't drive them on road....  

There is an NGO which has been making a nuisance of itself by ranting against the diesel. This started about the time when the Indica was to be launched. It was rumoured that MS had something to do with it. Now with MS itself making and selling diesels they are probably regretting having started it.