Sign in to follow this  
esteem

Pics Spotted this SUV recently in Delhi

Sorry for the consequent posts mods. Please delete my previous post. I have cross checked with motoroids.com and the the above car has also been taken from the front and its the Ssangyong Rexton W that was recently unveiled in Moscow.

M&M has done a ggood job by bringing the new Rexton to India. The previous Rexton had quirky looks and was an average car according to the Autocar India Review. The new Rexton is more modern looking and has an imposing horizontal chrome grille. Its engine has also all new. The SUV has oodles of road presence and will be praised by our Indians. :D Launch is predicted by Diwali this year. And pricing in the 18-20 lakh bracket and will compete with the likes of the Fortuner, CRV, Endeavour, Captiva and the Pajero Sports. Whether the Rexton will sport the M&M badge or a Ssangyong badge is still unknown. If it has a M&M badge then surely it will be more profitable.

From what i can see ,Yes its most definitely a Mahindra , Have the same alloys on both of my Scorpios purchased recently .

Its is huge to say the least .

Great pics , is this the KAMAL CINEMA Junction, close to Rajinder ka Dhaba

This is New facelifted Ssangyong Rexton W, recently unveiled abroad.

Mahindra completed the testing on its Old model while is commencing the final testing on this facelifted/to be finally launched version i.e Rexton W.

IMHO, Its a great looker in comparison to its arch rivals like Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.

Probably it'll sport Mahindra badge to carry the legacy forward for Mahindra SUVs than marching on Ssangyong brand, which is still unheard by most of the Indians.

Yes the new Rexton W is looking great;

post-8809-0-17457900-1348511239.jpg

^, in fact way better than the prev gen Rexton.

But IMO this isnt nowhere as butch looking as the Fortuner or the New Pajero Sport

The other promising SUV / Soft Roader is the IMCL's new SUV ( Which should be priced around 12 lakhs )

Just the IMCL brand will be difficult to digest for this segment buyers, but hopefully this is a good opportunity for the Indian brand to be recognized.

Guys, it Rexton W for sure.

Please see following image and find many simmilarities like:

1. Same alloys

2. Wider C Pillar (which is why larger portion at rear end is covered.)

3. Large rear windshield glass area.

4. Proportions of overall car.

post-7804-0-01115600-1348543034.jpg

post-7804-0-75332100-1348543034.jpg

Looking at the size, it seems like M&M will snatch Fortuner buyers. Thumbs Up to M&M.

Great going by an Indian car manufacturer getting head-on to the Global giants and making them to change their equations.

Feel pity about Tata Motors who lost it's way inbetween.