BonFre

NISSAN EVALIA launched

The windows for the middle and last row of seats are of `sealed type'. That means,

you have to run the AC always. It will be a negative factor.

Overall, a good alternative to the Innova and the Xylo, and not to forget the Duster.

I doubt whether the fully loaded Evalia can have sufficient power from the mileage-

oriented small engine ? This is going to be a dampener for travel/taxi segment

buyers. Let us see how this fares in the market.

All the best Nissan.

A good car backed with good underpinnings & is backed by a brand name well renown in India.

But considering its Truck-like front design, Sliding rear doors, Claustrophobic rear seating & lesser displacement engine, it might not gel well with Indians as Toyota Innova did.

A very practical van to say the least. But it wont win any beauty contests for sure. The base entry level variant will surely be a hit in the commercial segment. Should be reliable too. The 1.5 liter engine is a workhorse. I havent seen one in the flesh as yet though. But I still dont think it can challenge the Innova just as yet.

I agree with the fact that this is going to be a more practical yet economic alternative to Innova. But I think that Nissan has to bring in some tweaks sooner as Indian would not like fixed windows especially in the middle row.

Priced verrry aggressivly but that does not guarantee its success though.

I'm really surprised why Nissan engg neglected the need of fully opening 2nd row window, coz butterfly opening flaps will rarely suite anyone here in India. I think it will come in next revision.

I feel that Evalia will get selective buyers and may not be a grand hit for Nissan.

I still think it's priced higher by 50k.

May be Nissan were themselves confused whether to target Eritga or more premium Innova.

With the looks it has got, private buyers not going to be lured into it.

If they had introduced a bare basic version with A/C and PS and priced it lower then it would have hit Innova for commercial sales as those people are just looking for minimum.

And as mentioned by many people, those butterfly windows just don't go down well with Indian conditions.

It could be a replacement for an OMNI CARGO , nothing else

Economical Taxi Operators run majority of their fleet without AC and this (in its present form) wont go down well with them.

If they run the AC it would no longer be economical , people in this category would rather opt for the likes of Xylo,Innova,tavera with the kind of comfort and power.

Also this UGLY piece of machinery is not cheap by any stretch of imagination.

Sure to get bombed

I managed to catch a glimpse of this car near Anna University, Chennai. It looks actually pretty good and better than the pictures in the real world. It will surely look better in shades such as Black and White. Blue is pretty boring. The rear is the only sore angle of the car and looks like a slab. Also, the car was driven by a Nissan employee as it had a red board. The car was pretty swift when moving from the traffic.

Its pricing is also quite spot on. I am quite skeptical of this car being an alternative to Innova. Its simply in a different league. This car will be good alternative to the Tavera, Xylo and the Ertiga though. I am expecting this car to do average business in the market just like the Xylo which is also practical yet has subjective styling.

A DC design to make this a luxury van can be expected soon... So even if you buy the base variant and spend another 5 lacs on it, still worth it.. and still more VFM than the Innova.

When Evalia was 1st showed to the media, everyone complained about butterfly type rear-windows, lack of captain & moveable seats in middle row & warned about pricing pt!

It looks like they have ignored us (Indian Consumers' needs) & now it's our turn!

nissan has done an excellent work on this product... but the demand in market is for Compact SUV's... can compete with innova in price & space... but the engine & comfort of innova ll remain on top... it is better to design sleek & compact designs than a mini truck

Edited by lovemycar