CarCrazyASTL

Which is a better Battery for my Rodeo? (Sonic SF vs Exide)

I've been riding my Mahindra Rodeo for arround 2 year now! Almost 80% of the time I've to kick-start it! There is no problem with starter or rectifier, It's all about battery! When my vehicle was in warrenty, I've replaced my Exide battery 2 times & each time they took arround 2 months to replace it! & even after that if the vehicle is on stand for 3-4 days, battery gives up & I'd to send it to the service center, those guys used to clean my ride, recharge it & give it back to me with 300-400 Rs. Bill & are unable to reason this problem! One day, I got frustrated & took it to an expert local mechanic he examined the bike properly & told me that only problem is due to battery!

There was a similar problem with my old Kinatic (I still own it & love it!) & after fixing it with Amaron Pro-rider alpha battery, it's working absolutely fine! So I went to Amaron's showroom & asked for Rodeo's battery, but then they told me that they don't make 7 Amp, 12V batteries! Exide, Sonic SF, Amco & Tata Green (I'm not sure about it!) Manufactures such batteries! I'm very upsate with exide & Sonic is also their brand, but local mechanics told me that they are way better than AMCO & Tata Green!

So Now I have to choose between Exide & Sonic SF! which one is better & are there any other better options? Please help me with this issue!

No way..

Except for the once, I've never opted for Aftermarket Exide battery for my vehicles, be it my car, scooter or bike or Home UPS.

Exide batteries are really crap nowadays as they are most expensive of the all & usually go crap withing their Warranty period.

I always preferred Amaron instead or other brands like Amco or ADDO(by Eastman tools ltd), etc as they were cheaper & offered better performance with better warranty(upto 2-3 years, IIRC).

Since in your case, Amaron is not available, so you can go for TATA Green as it offers the next best warranty to Amaron.

@ dr_nishu

Thanks!

Service center guy told me about Tata Green, but another local mechanics were against it & Since there website doesn't contain proper data, I'll check it myself with Tata Green dealer!

I think TATA Green retails at less price than Exide & is having more Warranty(2 years, I guess) than Exide, hence offering better life & peace of mind.

Even TOYOTA India, is having TATA Green & Amaron as OEM suppliers for its locally manufactured/assembled cars.

So, quality won't be a problem more or less, don't worry about it.

I think TATA Green retails at less price than Exide & is having more Warranty(2 years, I guess) than Exide, hence offering better life & peace of mind.

Even TOYOTA India, is having TATA Green & Amaron as OEM suppliers for its locally manufactured/assembled cars.

So, quality won't be a problem more or less, don't worry about it.

Thanks!

"Tata" brand-name is enough to trust & when MNCs like Toyota trusts on them you've to buy it! I'll go with Tata Green!