Gaddi 007

Buying a Petrol Sedan Car for 7-8 Lacs

Hello! I am new in this community. I log here to discuss about sedan car that i want to purchase this diwali. My budget is 7-8 lacs and I prefer petrol car for easy maintenance and less use. I considered Nissan Sunny XE and Hyundai Verna 1.4L petrol as my preference but want to discuss more about these cars and other you think would be better in my budget.

Thank you!

Apart from your two choices you can also take a look at the Toyota Etios as well. Its got a good engine and reliable since its a Toyota. The Verna is best in its 1.6 avtaar. Do test drive your short listed cars and let us know what conclusion you arrive at. Also consider the DZire petrol.

Apart from your two choices you can also take a look at the Toyota Etios as well. Its got a good engine and reliable since its a Toyota. The Verna is best in its 1.6 avtaar. Do test drive your short listed cars and let us know what conclusion you arrive at. Also consider the DZire petrol.

I saw toyota etois. I didn't like the car much specially poor quality interiors. What is the problem in Nissan Sunny XE Petrol and Hyundai verna 1.4L Petrol? Dzire petrol is good but we can not say it is a proper sedan car such a small boot.

Also Consider Ford Fiesta & Classic!

Both of them are sheer joy to drive!

Now coming to your preferences, Nissan Sunny is the best! It has good rood space, decent ride & acers of space in interior; making it finest product in the seg!

Actually PrancingHorse is correct, Verna is best in 1.6 lt. avatar! No doubt 1.4 is efficient for our driving conditions, but as we have seen with Ford Fiesta & Chevy Optra, their underpowered versions were discountinued due to poor sells!

@gaadi007;

Out of the choices you've listed, Nissan Sunny XE seems to be the best option, specially when it's so well priced, Rs.6.5 lacs on road, I guess plus you can also get the huge discounts on it.

Regarding Verna 1.4, no doubt its a good car but it rarely sells & is underpowered for that much huge sedan too.

Adding salt to the wounds, Hyundai petrol cars aren't that much fuel efficient & maintenance-easy in long run. whereas Japanese engines are better -Be it a Nissan 1.6 Sunny or 1.2 K-series from Maruti Suzuki.

Another option, is to look at another great option also i.e Skoda Rapid Active(base) petrol.

VW/Skoda petrol engines are also good on fuel efficiency & can deliver very much near to what the company claims.

If you can stretch your budget by 1-1.5 lacs there is not better car than the Honda City.

The petrol Sunny XL and Skoda Rapid MPI Ambition are the next best options. Take a TD of all these cars. The SWIFT Dzire though a good car, hardly qualifies as a proper Sedan.

You can look for Honda City E variant which costs about 8 Lacs on road. It has a great engine, offers safety features such as ABS and dual Airbags as standard. Reasonable maintenance cost and peace of mind that you get from a Honda.

Its a great car and nothing comes close to a Honda as far as petrols are concerned.

I would sugest you to go for DZire Zxi or City E as both of these are petrol and offers good safety features like 2 Airbags ABS EBD etc with reasonable service and repair cost. with good FE as well