photoauto

Mahindra on Fast-track, can it be a marathon runner?

Since launch of Scorpio, the face of Mahindra has changed in mind of many customers.

People started looking at Mahindra vehicles as attractive, well packaged, appealing and more VFM products.

They successfully managed to change their image of commercial vehicle manufacturer to Maruti of SUV segment unlike Tata.

Mahindra went crazy for shopping and bought out many companies ranging from two wheeler mfg to premium SUV mfg, which widened their portfolio.

Then they came out with XUV 500 and Quanto which are remarkable products.

Which is followed by rumors about the All New Bolero in the works along with All new Scorpio.

Also Mahindra is set foray into compact car segment to challenge some settled players.

This and many more things makes us to think about the success of Mahindra.

What do you feel, will Mahindra be a successful player in long run?

Can it manage all new businesses like 2 wheelers, passenger cars and premium SUVs well and keep the momentum?

Will it emerge as business house bigger than Tata?

One of the reasons why Mahindra is successful in our market is because of the way they price their products. They are mostly spot-on.

Lets see how they price the Rexton when it is launched on 17th. They are pitching it as a premium SUV but lets not forget, its still a SsangYong, a brand which has almost no recognition in India. If the Rexton is priced anywhere above Rs 20 lakh OTR, I dont think it will find more takers.

+ 1 to what AMG has said.

M&M service cost is also very affordable comparable to other in the segment. I think this is another reason why people still love M&M vehicles

Mahindra has really matured over the years and have been coming out with good products. The best thing about them they takes risks by exploring new segments. The Scorpio established them as a good car maker and they kept upgrading it constantly too. The XUV500 is a another example and now they have launched the Quanto which is a first. Apart from that as AMG said, pricing has always been spot on for their vehicles.

The Rexton launch is surely going to be interesting. Though the brand is not known here, an aggressive price might see it eating into the Fortuner, Captiva etc

@AMG:

Yes, people rarely know about Rexton in India and Mahindra is not looking bothered about it.

Which create higher possibility of Rexton being launched with Mahindra branding.

With Rexton under its name Mahindra can set the bars further up for Indian customers and further strenghten the brand here.

IMO Mahindra is not expecting much volumes from Rexton, instead it appears to be ground preperations for Korendo: Compact SUV.

They just want to make people aware about quality of Sangyong product, and hence later launch Korendo with bang and tackle competition easily.

Let us see, after 17th Oct, picture will be much clearer.

Let us not forget M&M's products in diversified segments like trucks, autos, mini-bus,

micro pickup vehicles, mini pickup vehicles etc., which are already on the road. They

are also into armored vehicles, military vehicles, smaller aircraft which are also being

targeted for specific and at niche segments.

And, for the future, they have Reva series of battery powered cars.

I am always a satisfied M&M customer. Their service is good, dependable and spot-on.

I think Anand Mahindra must be waiting for someone to come to him and tell about

any NEW segment that M&M should venture into ?

The Rexton launch is surely going to be interesting. Though the brand is not known here, an aggressive price might see it eating into the Fortuner, Captiva etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

PLEASE GO TO MY WEBSITE AND REVIEW ON THIS

HERE YOU CAN GET THE LATEST NEWS AND ROCKING NEWS

----------------------------------

dainik bhasker

One of the reasons why Mahindra is successful in our market is because of the way they price their products. They are mostly spot-on.

I agree & another reason is that they upgrade their products with new gizmos, after every 3 months!

One thing I would definitely wish to have in a Mahindra is better build quality- the body panel gaps are too wide, and it makes the machine look cheap. Besides, a critical aspect we'd like to have in a Mahindra is a minimum four-star safety rating across the whole product range. We'd like to see one Indian marque get that aspect right.

The Duster has caused a serious scare in Scorpio camp, and I do hope the Scorpio comes back with a vengeance...um...better features, better safety and better refinement.

Does Mahindra found a magic wand which make every car successfull?

Or they understood India just perfectly.?

If we see the success rate or percenage of successfull models, Mahindra will be holding top spot.

Also they are continuosly selling more cars than Tatas, without having wide portfolio as like them.

I see them as a marathon player in India, if they stick to curent strategy.

What I'm not too happy about is the largely negative reception amongst bloggers for the Scorpio in Malaysia. They say it has serious safety issues and wouldn't buy one even if it saved them their money. The Scorpio also has a poor 2-star safety score. Mahindra needs to fortify (literally) its most famous brand so that it is acceptable outside of India. While the Duster, not enough value for money, is a sinful addition to the market, the tight build quality should be a lesson for the Scorpio, which is being redesigned. While they generate enough sales across India on account of competitive prices, the international perception of Mahindra's safety should spur them on to improve safety of their cars.