neerajd

Squeaking Noise from the front-left

Hi guys,

I've been noticing lately a noise from the front-left of my car.

Its a squeaking noise, as if like a continuous kooch-kooch which increases as the speed goes up.

Apart from this, there is also a squeal when I hit the brakes.

I don't know whether these noises are inter-related. But it has now become quite audible and bothersome. I had brought up this point during my last service to which the MASS said it may be due to a bad alignment. It did wear off after that, to resurface after a couple of days! A re-check turned out to be normal. I lived with the noise for a while but now its just bothering.

Have any of you faced a similar situation? Can anyone (mech-head) predict the reason for this?

One, I feel is the suspension, but it was changed only 7k kms ago.

I plan to service my car in the next week (regular service) to get this sorted. But any opinions welcome...

I used to experience similar sounds/noise in our three cars, Premier Padmini, Esteem and Omni.

After getting them examined thoroughly at my very close friend's service centre, it is the result of

formation of some `rust/jung' between the various movable parts. This happens soon after the

rainy season, specially if the car's underbelly got wet. It usually happens in/near the suspension.

Do not worry. Get it greased thoroughly after a proper cleaning process of the underside of the

car. Cars usually have greasing nipples through which grease is injected into the various joints.

That's it. And, get such treatment done every year (or two) just before the rainy season starts.

You will not hear those annoying sounds/noise again in your car.

Hi Neeraj,

Looking it from a simpler perspective, I'd say it is because of uneven wearing of the brake shoe and accumulation of dust on the brake shoe's. The fact that the noise went off when you took your car to the M.A.S.S. and returned after few days is probably that they cleaned the brake shoe's and stuff and the noise came back when the dust accumulated again.

let me share my experience with you.

I was hearing an irritating noise from the nose of the car , on examination it turned out that the body panel that was supporting the front bumper was rusting and was no longer holding the bumper as it should have been , as a result the car would start CRYING while in motion and it got worse with increasing speeds

Had it replaced and no problems now

Thanks for your replies guys!! I shall be taking into consideration all these points when I take my car to the service station this weekend.

Surprisingly, the noise was absent this morning.. strange car! B)

Got the car serviced. The reason told to me was carbon deposit on the discs.

All smooth now [:)] and the little wobbling I was facing will also go away when I change the tires.

Happy with the car!!