Sign in to follow this  
AMG1

Chevy Spark Facelift undisguised image EDIT: Now launched starting at Rs 3.16 lakhs

Sigh. I fear this may be another case of accountants and small focus groups dictating design.

Functional features like indicators on the wing mirrors have been removed, subtle design details like character lines and contrasting colours have been erased, and worst of all they seemed to have followed the "when in doubt, just add chrome" ethos of car design.

I really liked the facelift previewed by the Spark EV (pictured), and this new look has kind of spoiled it for me. Especially that awkward grille. The whole thing is too loud and brash.

Moreover, I am interested to see what mechanical/powertrain upgrades GM gives it. This car is really, really old now and I would imagine a little facelift isn't going to bring it back into contention. New engine please GM?

post-7704-0-45544900-1349689823.jpg

Let it be overdone or anything.

Spark needed a refreshed look to up the ante against competition.

As Alto800 is ready for new innings.

Mid life facelift is obvious but we don't have any update about next gen Spark.

Does Chevy thinking of its replacement in coming two years? or there will a one more Chinese car making way to India?

As Chinese car will be easy to price competitivly.

Let it be overdone or anything.

Spark needed a refreshed look to up the ante against competition.

As Alto800 is ready for new innings.

Mid life facelift is obvious but we don't have any update about next gen Spark.

Does Chevy thinking of its replacement in coming two years? or there will a one more Chinese car making way to India?

As Chinese car will be easy to price competitivly.

Internationally, the Spark was replaced by the Beat. Since GM sells both at different prices in India, they will have to find another model. I think you're right - China may be the only option. I hope it is not the case though.

truly speaking, i did not like this face lifted facia. I think the older one was better. Secondly, I agree with bala here, had GM planted 1L MJD, it would have been a hit like iPhone 5

Personally I don't find "SPARK" appealing as it is bit girlish but with this new face lift which gives an aggressive stance and if Chevrolet price it within range of Alto 800, and Eon it can give a tough competition to both.

Why continue outdated products. Maruti is a maruti & it can afford to do the same. Chevrolet is not perceived as a maruti. Like wise Tata will always be sponsored by cabbies so they don't have to worry about old products. The etios looks outdated but its not outdated.

Not very impressed with the facelift. The Spark itself is a good car but now its old. It need more than a just a big grille and some chrome. The Beat is being the Spark replacement, both sell here simultaneously. I hope there isnt a price increase for just small cosmetic bits here. Personally I still like the older car.

New Spark borrows looks from the electric model displayed at the 2010 Auto Expo. Prices start at Rs 3.16 lakh.

post-67-0-68842800-1351152681.jpg

General Motors has launched an updated version of the Chevrolet Spark. The new Spark gets upgrades to the front and the rear styling, along with refreshed interiors. Oct 25, 2012

Changes to the exterior include re-profiled front and rear bumpers, a new split honeycomb grille with chrome inserts, a bigger Chevy bow-tie emblem and new fog lamps. There are minor tweaks to the tail-lamps as well.

post-67-0-19797300-1351152691.jpg

On the inside, the refreshed interiors will now feature dual-tone shade and different seat fabric. The centrally mounted instrument cluster is new as well and the company says it has been inspired by the wing design. The new Spark also gets a double-DIN audio system with USB and Bluetooth.

post-67-0-13768000-1351152705.jpg

The design changes were carried out at General Motors’ technical centre in Bangalore. Going forward, styling updates to all its legacy models (vehicles phased out globally, but still in production in India) will be carried out at its tech centre. The Tavera Neo 3 had also been updated at the Bangalore facility.(ACI)