raj_5004

value of sonata

one of my friends is planning to buy a second hand sonata with the 2.0 petrol engine, 2001 model, odometer reading 45,000 km. he is getting it for 2.5 lakhs. the car has had a single owner, very well maintained and is converted to LPG. i warned him against the huge cost of spares, especially since this model is now discontinued and a 6 year old car is bound to give trouble. but he says at this price, the car is a steal.

another option is a city (old) for 3.5 lakhs, which is my choice of the two.

but he likes the sonata as it is a bigger car.

what is your take on this?

If its non accidental and good maintained , then i think its good price , maybe he can ask till 2.2 lakhs , yeh another good option is the Used City , wil be of better value even for years

Cheers!!!

The old sed sonata 2001 model for 2.5 lakhs u gotta be kidding , the Wagron Santro 2004 or 03 model sells for 2.5 lakhs and this is a good deal , i hope it has not been an accidental one  , make 3 times check with difrent hyundai delaers and let them pass it then only let your friend buy it , for 2.5 its good value , try to bargain to 2.25 too

Regards,

priya

don't be to sure of these dealers they often change the tachometer reading and stuff

Yeh man , i think there is some problem or some serious fault , SOnata Petrol at 2.5 lakhs is just mystery , it will be better and safe to pay a litlle more and buy the Used Honda City

Cheers!!!

The old sed sonata 2001 model for 2.5 lakhs u gotta be kidding ' date=' the Wagron Santro 2004 or 03 model sells for 2.5 lakhs and this is a good deal , i hope it has not been an accidental one  , make 3 times check with difrent hyundai delaers and let them pass it then only let your friend buy it , for 2.5 its good value , try to bargain to 2.25 too

Regards,

priya
[/quote']

the used car prices are cheaper in mumbai and delhi, they are not like in the south. we pay a hefty price for the used cars but in mumbai they are too cheap... hope the prices are in the same range in bangalore, i will be changing cars every six months!

The old sed sonata 2001 model for 2.5 lakhs u gotta be kidding ' date=' the Wagron Santro 2004 or 03 model sells for 2.5 lakhs and this is a good deal , i hope it has not been an accidental one  , make 3 times check with difrent hyundai delaers and let them pass it then only let your friend buy it , for 2.5 its good value , try to bargain to 2.25 too

Regards,

priya
[/quote']

the used car prices are cheaper in mumbai and delhi, they are not like in the south. we pay a hefty price for the used cars but in mumbai they are too cheap... hope the prices are in the same range in bangalore, i will be changing cars every six months!

Yup , in Karnataka a 06 model City or 05 model city exi is sold for 5.5 -6 .5 Lakhs and almost every used car has a good pricing , but ultimately its good foor we new car buyers too , so its alright i am happy with this , though not for everything , esp the ROAD TAX!!!!

Regards,

priya