zander

Tata Motors big launch NEW INDICA

and ya... interiors too please... probably they updated that too

The interior of this new Indica is beige interior and it looks better than the one in the Xeta , i think it will be launched with the 1.3 Multijet diesel enjine and called the V3 . the rear isnt very impressive in the pics i had seen in the Autocar mag's aniversary issue

Cheers!!!

That center mounted speedometer may not be such a good idea - when you're driving you look staright and the normal way is to look at the speedo straight. Who will want to look sideways?

even the nano has it in the middle....

I don't understand one thing why will people like to see the speed of the car and that too in 625cc engine its surprising the only thing why I don't like spark and off course the indicator function.

Those were the days when people used to drive and look at mountains, sheep, goat, cattle, sunset, sunrise, their family, and yes the speedometer too - and occasionally look at the road to see if it was clear, all this while cruising comfortably at about 45-50 km/h. I know my elder uncle still drives like that with my grandpa's LandMaster from the 1960's - the precursor to the Amby Mark II.

Today I drive from Hyderabad to Vijayawada on a 4 lane highway at 120 km/h. I look straight ahead and like to glance down at the speedo. At 120+ km/h a fraction of a second is important - the difference between life and death. All modern cars have the dashboard console where the driver can see with the minimum effort - the focus is on driving, and to get my data quickly at a glance. 

Look at Merc, BMW, Audi, Volks and others....

has they put a centre console in sumo grande too?

Not sure but the new indica has a Center cluster , the exterior looks are improved a lott but sadly not the rear portion ( doesnot look good ) the variants available in this new indica will only be the Top end and priced around 40k - 50 k rs above the prsent Indica DLX turbo

Cheers,

Sri