Wasif@

Which Diesel Hatch to buy?????????

Hi,

I want to buy a diesel Hatch Around 7-8 lacs........My choices are the i20 Asta, VW Polo Highline, Maruti Swift ZDi..

My Priorities are---------it should be spacious, comfy, low maintainance, good mileage, should have safety features...........

Maintainance-Low

Mileage-Good

Safety-Important min 2 airbags, abs....

Running-Monthly- 2000 kms

I'll Keep this car for around 3-4 years.............You can suggest me another cars...............

The Swift seems the logical choice but Im sure there will be a huge waiting list. The Polo is a well built car but Volkswagen service is pathetic most of the places. I would suggest you check out the i20 diesel. Hyundai service is right up there with Toyota. Why dont you take a look at the Micra diesel as well. Its got a reliable engine and doesnt have turbo lag. Do take a test drive.

Happy shopping

i20 will give you 6 airbag in the top of the line Asta variant whereas Swift Zdi will have 2 only. Apart from the i10 will give you a feel good factor as it comes full blown list of features which is un matched in any other car. However, swift will give you peace of mind, good resale, FE and best service network in India.

I will not recommend Polo as the cost of service is very high.

To PrancingHorse,

you've told me about micra diesel but i don't like its styling, cabin feels very outdated to me..................and it doesn't have so much of features....................i'm going with the i20 asta diesel........its very well packed car.........

It should be spacious, comfy, low maintainance, good mileage, should have safety features...........

Maintainance-Low

Mileage-Good

Safety-Important min 2 airbags, abs....

Running-Monthly- 2000 kms

I'll Keep this car for around 3-4 years......

Swift should be the ultimate choice, but for your requirement, the upcoming Sail will win in spades. It has got 3yrs promise, so you need not spend a penny. Its spacious and has a wonderfully tuned MJD with excellent FE.