Sign in to follow this  
Blossom

Want to buy a car for my family ?

Hello,

I am planning to buy a diesel car for my family of 4, my budget is around 10 lakhs.

Initially I was planning to buy Maruti Swift DZire ZDi, but was not impressed by its new shape, but its definitely a very good car and worth considering it.

I had few others in mind too:-

1) Skoda Rapid Ambition plus

2) Maruti Swift Ertiga VDI

3) Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.4 CRDi EX

4) Maruti Swift Dzire ZDi

Can anyone please suggest me which should be a good bet in terms of :-

1) Value for Money

2) Low Maintenance

3) Good Driveability

4) Good Mileage

Please do let me know if there are any other options worth considering under my budget.

Thank You:)

Hi Blossom

First of all welcome to the forum. Though you have a good list of cars, I would suggest you also take a look at the Nissan Sunny diesel. Though its not outright a drivers car per say, its really a good car. Its has a good engine which is extremely FE. I have a friend who gets 16 kpl in normal city driving with AC consistently. The best he got on a highway was 23 kpl. Secondly its very very spacious with tons of legroom at the rear and a huge boot. Add to that Japanese reliability. And I think it would fit in your budget.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Actually, I did consider Nissan Sunny previously, but My family members didn't like the styling of the car and hence gave it a by.

So if I have to choose through the above mentioned list which would u suggest and Why ??

Ertiga is the BEST choice. The Centre row can be pushed back to give you ample leg room, does have loads of boot space( when 4-5 on board), good engine & FE combo and Maruti's After Sale & ReSale.

The next best should be Renault Scala, I am sure your family will be so impressed with it.

Next choice should be Etios.

Well...if your priority list does not have a need for carrying more than 5 people then I would suggest you to g and take a look at Dzire Zdi...as the kind of reliability, maintainability, FE, driveability it can offer is not in any other sedans that you listed.

Also, if you would like to have good spaciaous car which can occasionaly carry 5 +2 OR in future your family is going to increase then Ertiga Vdi is superb for you.

Both are very reliable and FE but personally, I like ertiga just because Dzire boot sapce is nothing like a boot whereas in Ertiga you can fold 3rd row and get extra bit of space for storage as well. Also ertiga is 90 PS diesel whereas Dzire is 75PS, however both will give you a 16+ KMPL in city and 19+ on highway.

choose wisely...

Hi Blossom,

If your family is small 5 members than go for the Hyundai verna crdi ex or for the fully loaded sx but you'll need 50k more and if your family is more than 5 than go for the Maruti ertiga ZDi because your budget is 10 lacs and Zdi will cost around 9 lacs............ Both cars are well featured, VFM, Low To Maintain, Spacious, AFSS is also good................I'm telling these cars because the Skoda rapid has very high maintainance car even all skodas have high maintainance and dzire is a bit boring car outside and inside...............GOOD LUCK......

Maruti desire's waiting period is about 5-6 months.............. that very bad

Unable to decide between a proper-sedan and an MPV ?

Simple solution.

If you want a high stance car for 4-5 persons, then go for Ertiga.

A car-like mini-MPV comes very handy if guests drop in suddenly.

On the other hand, if you want a proper sedan-shaped car, take Verna.

It is well appointed, trendy and looks classy.

If you want still simpler, practical and happy solution, leave it to your wife

(if you are married) or your mother. Let her decide. They rarely go wrong

because they keep all the family member's needs in mind. We male-drivers

normally look for better powered, driver-oriented cars or for zigmos.

All the best. And, let us know your decision.

Ertiga is the BEST choice. The Centre row can be pushed back to give you ample leg room, does have loads of boot space( when 4-5 on board), good engine & FE combo and Maruti's After Sale & ReSale.

The next best should be Renault Scala, I am sure your family will be so impressed with it.

Next choice should be Etios.

Hey Thanks for the reply.....I would definitely think of considering Ertiga VDI.:)

Well...if your priority list does not have a need for carrying more than 5 people then I would suggest you to g and take a look at Dzire Zdi...as the kind of reliability, maintainability, FE, driveability it can offer is not in any other sedans that you listed.

Also, if you would like to have good spaciaous car which can occasionaly carry 5 +2 OR in future your family is going to increase then Ertiga Vdi is superb for you.

Both are very reliable and FE but personally, I like ertiga just because Dzire boot sapce is nothing like a boot whereas in Ertiga you can fold 3rd row and get extra bit of space for storage as well. Also ertiga is 90 PS diesel whereas Dzire is 75PS, however both will give you a 16+ KMPL in city and 19+ on highway.

choose wisely...

Hey Thanks for the reply considering all my requirements even I think that Ertiga Would be a better option, considering that it is a value for money car, very useful, affordable, low maintenance and being Maruti very good after sales services :)

Hi Blossom,

If your family is small 5 members than go for the Hyundai verna crdi ex or for the fully loaded sx but you'll need 50k more and if your family is more than 5 than go for the Maruti ertiga ZDi because your budget is 10 lacs and Zdi will cost around 9 lacs............ Both cars are well featured, VFM, Low To Maintain, Spacious, AFSS is also good................I'm telling these cars because the Skoda rapid has very high maintainance car even all skodas have high maintainance and dzire is a bit boring car outside and inside...............GOOD LUCK......

Hey Thanks for the reply....My family is definitely going to increase very soon and in that case Ertiga might definitely consider handy taking into account that its a MAruti :)

Hi Blossom,

Thanks for the reply....I am rushing to get Ertiga VDi/ZDI....let see...how much is the price difference.