rssh

Tata Nano: Unveiled at the Auto Expo

Source TOI:

The TATA 1 lakhs car is a 2 cylinder engined car with 660cc engine and a milege of 25kpl.

It is half the price of the cheapest car here i.e 2.5 by 2 = 1.25lakhs for base which will be 1.5 on road price .It is using less bolts and more welds to reduce costs.

These are the  specs.

624cc petrol 33bhp. no diesel option yet

600kg

Length around 3.1 metres

Width 1.5 metres

Height 1.6 metres

wheelbase around 2.2 metres

rear engine rear wheel drive

Here is some news info regarding this

On its small car project, Mr. Bajaj said it would be ready in the next three to four years and would not be on Rs. 1-lakh range.

the styling doesnot look appealing , well we need more pics of this car , and tata's have kept thier work for 1 Lakh rs , lets see how good it really is , good work Zander

Cheers!!!

Bajaj Lite way ahead of the Tata model. It's nothing but Golf carts. What else do you expect for one lakh. Next someone will make a Rs50K car with your backyard lawn mower engine.To be taken with tonnes of salt, not a pinch.

i think for a rs1 lakh car it is not that bad.... because maruti 800 cost more than double than this and this is also that bad a engine (625cc only 175less)... but i am dissapointed by a just 15 litres tank... but i think that is covered up in the good miliege.... but i think this car should be banned becuse now it means the traffic in metro cities is going to be 10 times!!!!!!!!!!! any body thought of that?

well, i dont think there is any need to worry about that adi, not all will go for a 1 lakh car......

the poor will still perfer a bike because the car wont give them a mileage of 55-60 kmpl...

those who buy bikes worth 70000-80000 (rich category!!!) would not like to be seen dead in the "world's cheapest car".........

well' date=' i dont think there is any need to worry about that adi, not all will go for a 1 lakh car......

the poor will still perfer a bike because the car wont give them a mileage of 55-60 kmpl...

those who buy bikes worth 70000-80000 (rich category!!!) would not like to be seen dead in the "world's cheapest car".........
[/quote']

hope so raj..... really hope so.... 

well' date=' i dont think there is any need to worry about that adi, not all will go for a 1 lakh car......

[/quote']

dude... c'mon. if somebody really wanted a bike they'd just go buy it. this is for the not-so-lucky ppl who dreamed of buying a car for themselves. this will give them more protection than a bike anyway. it will have seat belts and they wont slip and fall or lose balance like on a bike. and, it's easier taking a family of four in this than on a bike.

no i dont want it to make our already crowded roads more packed' date=' then our roads will be a nightmare! atleast mumbai !

[/quote']

same problem back here in delhi too

same here in hyd too. if we have atleast a fraction of the bikers buying this car, then every metro is going to be in big trouble. time to start making bigger roads congress