rssh

Tata Nano: Unveiled at the Auto Expo

Mr. Adi1991--You want this car banned?

Dude, then why dont you keep your car aside and ride a cycle?

Every person has the right to drive a car , like you do, whether one lakh or one crore. Stop saying that this car would give the cities a nightmare, and instead see what you could do to improve the traffic in your city! More over think of those families, who travel in a bike with 2 kids!

Gurkha,

Why criticize before you know what the car is all about? If you wanna go buy a second hand car, then go ahead! But there are scores of other lower / middle class families who want a new car.

Lets see how it performs on the road when it is test driven.

What none of the top companies dared to do, Tata has done. Wait , review, hear experts, drive one, before you throw out your verdict.

Hey guys come on it look better than 800 atleast it main competitor and for 1 lakhs it the best .The headlight matches to WagonR . I will buy it in future for city ride .

Don't need any experts, I have been to the auto show and have seen the construction up close, with close to 500,000 miles of driving, participating in many races and on the road with 2 and 3 wheelers since 13, I guess I have a little idea on automobiles. This car is an illusionm, most at the auto show said they would be better off with a second hand Maruti, its a Tata Ace dressed up in an even weaker shell, sorry to say. It would be OK for the city but I would definitely not wish for it to be a road hog in the expressway. Lastly, we know how reliable the four cylinder Indica has been so far, do you realistically expect a two cylinder version of the same Indica engine to be lugged around fully loaded and survive? Lastly please be aware, its Rear engine vehicle, in the event of collision, there is virtually no metal mass protecting the occupants.Gurkha2008-01-10 12:43:16

well when my dad heard about this car due you know what he said "let's buy one for each member of the family" he says this would save money as the wear & tier of the other cars would be less and reparing the car if the car mets with a accident imagine my family car count will go upto 8 from 3... though we were just talking( hopefully we don't buy 5 new nano)... but their are families who do think like my dad seriously

Hey guys come on it look better than 800 atleast it main competitor and for 1 lakhs it the best .The headlight matches to WagonR . I will buy it in future for city ride .

see what i meant.... even people who already own a car will buy it for every day use

exactly and that is why more and more people will buy it..... and i am not so sure if that is a good thing

Would definitely aid in controlling India's population issue.

exactly and that is why more and more people will buy it..... and i am not so sure if that is a good thing

you mean more people will die in road accidents?

?

you mean more people will die in road accidents?

Exactly, rear engine, sloping front, perfect recipe for a surefire instant hopefully painless death for its occupants.

an article on nano

New Delhi: India's Tata Motors on Thursday unveiled its much anticipated Rs 1-lakh car, an ultra-cheap price tag that suddenly brings car ownership into the reach of tens of millions of people.

While the price has created a buzz, critics say the vehicle, called the Tata Nano, will possibly have millions more cars hitting the already clogged Indian roads, adding to the mounting air and noise pollution problems.

Company chairman Ratan Tata said the car will be the least polluting car in India and that it meets necessary safety standards.

Chief UN climate scientist Rajendra Pachauri, who shared last year's Nobel Peace Prize, said last month that he was having

Well it don't believe the last part on emission thing Tata may have an idea of CNG Nano also with them it could control pollution how much CO2 will a 625 cc engine give.

I dont think anyone who drives a car currently has any right to complain about this car causing crowded roads. if a person can drive a Innova or any SUV in crowded city roads why cant another person drive this 1 lakh car..

I suppose this car will be a big hit in the smaller towns and cities of india. its a boon for a small family of 3 or 4.

But i am not convinced it will be that big a hit. I suppose this will cost 1.2 lakhs on road and an 800 costs 1.9-2lakhs. Its not that much of a difference considering the tata car is lesser powered and does not have any awesome features...

i think maruti 800 is better than this keeping the cost of both cars in mind specially with so many finance scheme now a days doesn't make to much of a difference between them.....

and rs. 1 lakh would only be for a paticular state or is their ex-factory price... casue in that case it will cost even more

Mr. Adi1991--You want this car banned?

Dude' date=' then why dont you keep your car aside and ride a cycle?
Every person has the right to drive a car , like you do, whether one lakh or one crore. Stop saying that this car would give the cities a nightmare, and instead see what you could do to improve the traffic in your city! More over think of those families, who travel in a bike with 2 kids! [/quote']

does any one remember Reva still in the market i guess isn't it?

What awesome features can you expect on a car which costs the price of bullet . It will be best utilized in the rainy season.

rshh, by awsome features i meant something that is there in the 1lac car and not there in Maruti 800 STD Model. Say for eg: Air Con.

Now they can promote it only based on price.