rssh

Tata Nano: Unveiled at the Auto Expo

The atas 1 lakh car doesnot look all that bad , but bajas Lite was better , but it still isnt launched and is gonna launch after 2 years! , the interior looks simple and good , and tata has done all the hard work , i  hope i will test drive this one as soon as it is launched on roads and at Mangalore

Regards,

priya

hello-isn't it time to cheer the return of the rear wheel drive?

how about some oversteer guys ?

i'm talking about a production car championship series

anyone interesdted?

Yeah..........supercharge the engine.........great idea....loved it,cheap rear wheel drive car to drift around

u see....i too am a dreamer....

Would definitely aid in controlling India's population issue.

You mean increase or decrease. What is targeted is Papa, Mummy, Munna and Baby on a rickety scooter.

Till last year everybody was cribbing about the lack of a small car and now we are cursing the small car. Are we not hypocrites. Till last year everybody thought the 1L car as a joke. Obviously a small engined light vehicle cannot be a panzerwagen. If it meets the crash regulations (which Omni. Esteem, inverted bathtub, ... do not) then which is safer. I agree with rear engine RWD handling can be an issue. But so were the old Beetle, Fiat 500, Hillman Imp and ...

As for the environmental lobby let them rot in hell. Euro III and IV vehicles are far less of a menace than old two strokers, Euro 0 vehicles, and highly adulterated fuel. What has the CSE which is lobbying against this car done about adulteration in Diesel and Petrol?

Tata Nano: When did Tata's enter the home appliance sector, with this new 'extra large' sandwich toaster for Team India. I bet after we see this on the roads we will be singing paens to the Maruti 800 and it will start selling well again. I feel the 1 lakh car is a 'second hand' M800, nothing less nothing more.

All you people behaving like self proclaimed experts and announcing the fate of the Nano, wait for the reviews to come up before reaching to any conclusions. The success or faliure of the car will be decided by the greater mass. Lets wait for the real experts of Autocar to give us their verdicts.

am not sure abt the car and how its gonna be... but one thing makes me happy. well if this car sells good and replaces the auto ricks and two wheelers, what am seeing is the roads are going to be better. these lanes cutting autos and two wheelers have to be removed from our roads. the development authority of every city should use this oppurtunity to make proper lanes and speed limits for the roads and the traffic must be smooth....

This is the STandard version of the 1 lakh car without Body colored bumpers , fog lamps and AC

standard1vg6.jpg

The side views of the interior of the Nano

interior1qb0.jpg

This car is available in 3 colors , that are white, red and yellow , the red looks good , not in the STD variant but in luxury variant too

Cheers!!!

Quite frankly Auto Buffs (which is what this forum is populated with) are the last ones to be able to judge the success or failure of this vehicle. I think everyone of us is in a higher segment, so there are many things we consider absolutely necessary, which the first time buyer at the 1.2-1.3L level may not.

Let us accept a few things. With increasing prosperity the personal transport population is bound to grow (at faster than the 9% economic growth). So whether we have more Nanos, or M800s, or two-wheelers (with Papa, Mummy, Munna and Munni on-board - all without helmets!)  is for the 'aam janta' to decide. I would rather have the family ensconced in the nano (and its ilk) than astride a two wheeler, or risking life and limb in a Blue Line.

The state abdicated health care long ago, and public transport (but for Mr Sreedharan).is heading the same way. We do not anticipate, but only believe in crisis management. Only when there is a grid lock will Metro's come in, and people will  switch to them (see Kolkatta and now increasingly Delhi).

I am wondering where were the so called 'gurus' for the past year or so when the basics were slowly disclosed: ~600cc, RWD, > 20kpl. Also, all competitors have been shouting themselves hoarse that a car for 1L is impossible.

I think the stunning looks and the release of the car has created a very strong case of Sour Grapes.

Let us congratulate the Tata team for their vision and audacity.

sgiitk2008-01-11 04:25:56

According to MR Tata , the car nano qualifies for the safety tests and they have also had a crash safety test in which this car passed ( Only Indian safety standards ) it has Crumple zone , Seat belts and impact beam or something

And i think there are 2 variants , one is the STD in which there is no AC , no body colored bumpers , no fog lamps , no wheel caps and soem toher features

The next variant is named as luxury , it comes with AC and not very aware about other features

Cheers!!!

Thanks to Zander and FRG for the' hot from the oven' update on this forum. It's a commendable effort from the Tata team and one man's vision; Ratan Tata has delivered. The whole wide world is sitting and watching, the launch has grabbed headlines all over the world. It's history in the making we are witnessing. Moments like this come only once in a while. So let's all hold our collective heads high and be proud of Tata's achievement.smiley32.gifDurango Dude2008-01-11 04:40:58

Why you people worried about traffic congestion???? If rich people occupy more space by means of more than one car you will accept, but don't digest because of middle class buying a car. More than that, every one talking about pollution bla bla, why don't you talk all these non-sense matters when US polluting the globe for more than 100 years. I appreciate Ratan Tata for his courage and vision.

According to MR Tata ' date=' the car nano qualifies for the safety tests and they have also had a crash safety test in which this car passed ( Only Indian safety standards ) it has Crumple zone , Seat belts and impact beam or something

And i think there are 2 variants , one is the STD in which there is no AC , no body colored bumpers , no fog lamps , no wheel caps and soem toher features

The next variant is named as luxury , it comes with AC and not very aware about other features

Cheers!!!
[/quote']

if you see carefully at the auto expo pics their are alloy wheels........ and as read in some news paper this car has tubeless tyres....
adi19912008-01-11 08:01:03

Why you people worried about traffic congestion???? If rich people occupy more space by means of more than one car you will accept' date=' but don't digest because of middle class buying a car. More than that, every one talking about pollution bla bla, why don't you talk all these non-sense matters when US polluting the globe for more than 100 years. I appreciate Ratan Tata for his courage and vision. [/quote']

ratio of number of rich people with more than one cars to the number of people with scooters/ motorcyles/no cars who can buy this car

1:1000000

If TATA MOTORS manufactured motorcycles Mr.Ratan Tata would have given us a 4 cylinder superbike for 75000/- rupees.When he said "a promise is a promise" it was really emotional.Wish our politicians,self proclaimed nation builders etc etc etc learnt a thing or two from this man.For me he is the epitome of cool.

This is the STandard version of the 1 lakh car without Body colored bumpers ' date=' fog lamps and AC

standard1vg6.jpg

The side views of the interior of the Nano

interior1qb0.jpg

This car is available in 3 colors , that are white, red and yellow , the red looks good , not in the STD variant but in luxury variant too

Cheers!!!
[/quote']

Hey these are some good pics , was bored seeing white and yellow Nano;s , the red looks better from the 2 , i hope i can buy this car to my existing civic n swift , hope the higher variant comes with Power steering and AC

Regards,

Priya

Well here is what an article said in the Hindustan times, delhi

from th expexted sale of tata nano and other small car like bajaj lite and hyundai(also trying to make a cheap car)..... in two years the capital traffic would so that if all the car came on road their would be only 450meters of space left on delhi roads

I think the environmentalists should first call foul on US as the highest emitter of Green gas... India is too far in the list and if the launch of Tata Nano is bothering them so much, i would say "mamu get a bottle of rum, dream of rain and so jao bacha so jao "

the city administrators should first work on to improve the road conditions with the bloody road tax they collect. The current economy has given the middle class families to buy cars now and this has to happen some day in India. If they dream that India will forever have the Autos and Two wheeler with less cars, Wake up buddy or Jesus is calling you!

Finally, Bangalore Development Authority has awaken and sent out an Ad to recruit Urban Planners and Traffic Administrators! Hope they want some Freelancers too, in which case i will send my application! after all they need some brains and stop constructing inefficient flyovers all around the city and calling it success!
harryccc2008-01-12 00:03:49

What was the BHP rating of the old non-carburetted Maruti 800 engine? Was it more than the nano?

I think the present 800 produces 35 - 36 Bhp , no idea about the car old 800

Cheers!!!

anyone who paid a visit to Paris would have seen tiny little devices  named LIGIER AMBRAs running around.Just like the Nano they too are powered by 2 cylinder gasoline engines with almost same dimensions.If Europe can live with an Ambra why not India.This car is meant for families who haul 4 to 5 human beings on scooters and dream of weatherproof and comparitively safe transportation in future.I dont think any of those tread the expressway on scooters regularly or go drag racing in the weekends.This is just a means of transportation which is lot safer for a group of people,something which is within their reach and not meant for desi stigs and Jeremy clarksons.Im sure this car will be as reliable as the 2 stroke bajaj chetak.