rssh

Tata Nano: Unveiled at the Auto Expo

well i don't know how many of you know this but tata plans to manufacture only 25' date='000 nano's in a year...... well seeing the current no. of  "want to buy nano people list"..... expect some long waiting........[/quote']

Adi is mistaken it's 250,000 to start with and production will be ramped up accordingly.

probably it will be 25,000 till their nadigram project starts working cause their other plant can't produce 2.5 lacs nano+ other vehicles of tata

All hail the Tata's -not only for managing to make a 1Lakh car but also for making it real good.People may say it has too many drawbacks, but i disagree. I think it is the perfect car for the growing Indian nation.

The fact that the Tata car is cheap is all fine and good,but what I'm looking for is quality I like the look and the fact that it is priced so cheap.But what I am wondering is that would I be better of splurging more money on a better car than spending lesser money on a bad car?

The general secretary for the mumbai's taximen's union said that he would be writing to Tata motors about letting them purchase a minimum of 5,000 taxis a year so that they can replace Mumbai's aging taxi fleet.

Do you think Nano's for Taxis will reduce our traffic woes?

But if the Nano replaces the rick and not the taxi will it still not lead to disparity in sizes of public transport.What I mean is that the ricks are nuisance because they are so many and can fit into tight spots where cars can't go.Just Imagine that we would have four tyred rickshaws instead of three tyres?Would it not be better to replace ricks and taxis both with the Nano.

well the got out with indigo cs starting from 3.79 lakhs!!!!...... well i wonder if they will move to nano xl sedan now....... cheapest sedan.......

well here is a better idea...... combine 3 nanos...... thats makes it 3x1=3 lakhs... well worlds cheapest limo for 3 lakhs....... ofcourse though the one car incluedes 1 engine and 4 tyres.... though in this one total would be 1 engine 4 tyres..... if they work on the engine probably get it even less than that......

I think Nano would definitely have an effect on two wheeler market as families who can spend upto a lakh n slightly more would prefer to move onto a car than continue with the bike ,this will matter more where safety and practicality becomes an important factor over the Vroom of a bike.The impact will not be major as it just cannot match the ownership cost (read fuel efficiency/maintenance etc)of a bike and the BiKe Lovers will also remain perched on one .Nano will also see many takers in the student community and lot of women can also be expected to be seen in one.This would also be a second car for most people.Nano will also be seen in huge nos in the call taxi segment for city trips.If Nano meets the quality criteria too then nothing stops it fom being the best seller.Under current circumstances Maruti cannot get a product to compete else it woul have been half ready by now and Bajaj with the prototype shown will not have it priced below 2lakhs

Women will find the Nano to be a big benefit.Instead of travelling in crowded public transport vehicles or rickshaws for that matter they can travel in comfort in this car.I'm sure the women on this forum will agree with me.