Wasif@

which SUV to buy???

Hi, My uncle wants to buy a SUV and he is asking help from me......so can anyone tell whats the best SUV in indian market within Rs.15 lacs

we have shortlisted some--------1.Mahindra XUV 500 W8

2.Tata Aria Pride

3.Renault duster RXZ

4.Mahindra scorpio VLX with airbags

He prefer a car thats easy to drive, refined, good f/e, should have safety, features should be worthy...............................Looks......................... :) :) :) :)

I suggest XUV500.

Duster is good. But, XUV500 is better.

Others are OK.

With Aria, you will find servicing is going to be a problem

as not many vehicles are sold (or are likely to be sold).

Scorpio is already dated. Why buy a dated product when

you can get a better and more advanced product from the

same seller ?

Go for XUV500.

It's the most desirable SUV in this price range & offers great bang for the money spend.

I disagree. Desirability is subjective and a matter of preference. In my personal opinion the XUV500 is more style than substance. And I don't even like the styling - it looks too flashy and gaudy (again, personal preference). You will probably notice its shortcomings only in the long run.

However, I will concede that it is good value in terms of equipment - you get lots of it, much of which are class-firsts.

But if you don't mind slightly less equipment (although the RxZ is not bad), and not having rear seats, I would suggest the Duster. It's more refined, it rides and handles much better, it's better built and more than anything else, it's much more fuel-efficient.

What are your uncle's criteria?

The best new SUV in 15L is Yeti. But it should be a costly affair there after, if you can live with it, buy it.

XUV is too much of gadgetries, so frequent niggles will surface now and then.

Storme is a good package with old dress, if he likes its Image, ask him to buy it.

If you can just live with SUV like car, again Skoda fabia SCOUT.

If you not in a hurry, wait for Ecosport.

Tata safari storm is more equiped and it has more features than others but it looks are not bad at all. He is now telling about increasing his budget to 15 l + 5 l so 20 lacs. So endeavour and pajero are now in the list. Yeti is good but but maintaining a skoda is not very easy. santa fe is also very good but budget is low but he is going to book it.

Please avoid scorpio and xuv 500 because of poor ride and handling,high maintainance cost and poor service from tvs. These suv s will suit you only if you upgrade from old ambassodor

Go for Duster, it has great ride, that 1.5 k9k diesel engine is seriously driveable in 85bhp variant and frugal too, it has basic safety features, built is great, it is easy to own being compact and lastly has a huge boot and typical Dacia wide seat saddle.

Please avoid scorpio and xuv 500 because of poor ride and handling,high maintainance cost and poor service from tvs. These suv s will suit you only if you upgrade from old ambassodor

Thanks for your reply after 5months.

I sort of agree, A scorpio can be called as an Upgrade only to an Amby owner, but how your saying the same about XUV?

@Wasif: if you are waiting for EcoSport then it is fine and good decision, but keep in mind that it will also not going to have 3rd row.

Storme & XUV - these are the only bet for you, where Storme scores more on ride quality, handling, ruggedness for offroading, XUV scores on city drive SUV front - with power in the heart and gadgets in the cabin but niggles. Storme is a way forward improved version of Safari in which TATA has addressed lot of niggles and refined it completely.

Test Drive Storme & XUV one after one on the same day and then decide. I am guessing it has to be within these two for you.

Edited by Sstar