Sign in to follow this  
ketan

Maruti 800 Carb idling Screw Adjustment

Hello Everyone,

Could someone please provide me the information about Maruti 800 " ideal/default " Idling screw adjustment ?

Kindly let me know the number of turns clockwise/ anti-clockwise ( Screw Full Closed method ).

Best Regards,

K

I am assume you meant the mixture screw after the engine reaches operating temp connect and exhaust gas analyser and adjust for less than 2% Co as you probably don't have the analyser go to a Puc centre and do it.

Thanks Roomy,

CO level is within limits. I want to adjust it to the default level in order to increase the mileage of my car.

Mileage has dropped significantly after getting it adjusted at the service center and now I want to set it to factory default.

Would be really helpful if someone has this information as the user's manual lack the same.

Best Regards,

K

If it is what i think it is, then heres the solution.

Now assume we are turning the screw

Towards one end , the car hardly starts without Accelerator intervention and towards the other the vehicle feels like speeding up even without accelerator intervention.

Now lets start , Keep the screw at the extreme position the vehicle speeds in , now the idea is to keep turning the screw , till such time that the vehicle keeps on running (you can feel the vehicle gradually slowing down and gasping for breadth) now hold it at the position the engine is just about to die out .

Once such position is ascertained it could be checked by switching off the engine and starting back on , if it does so without you having to depress the accelerator you have aced it.

If you can smell unburned fuel , it still means that the car is FAST , have you checked the CHOKE switch.It may appear to be at rest position but it may be internally still pulling on the strings.

Set it back right and repeat the above mentioned process, if it still does not work , i guess you should call it a day and go to an authorised workshop and have it checked there.