Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Tata Motors launches new stripped down Aria

Tata Motors has just launched a cheaper stripped down variant of its MUV the Aria called the Pure LX. This new variant is priced at Rs. 9.95 lakhs ex showroom Delhi. This looks like Tata is aiming for the tourist taxi market, which is something they did not want earlier i guess. The Pure LX is only available in 4x2.

So what does this cheap variant lose over the other variants? Quite a bit actually

• Dual-mass flywheel; the cost-down Aria uses a single-mass flywheel instead.
  • Airbags, ABS and EBD.
  • Fabric/Leather seats; you now get Vinyl/Art-leather seats.
  • Music System
  • Rear wash, pipe and de-fogger
  • Roof-storage bins
  • Follow-me home lamps
  • Chrome inside door-handles
  • Body-coloured rub-rails
  • Chrome radiator grille surrounds

However, the Pure LX gets to keep its body coloured bumpers, projector head lamps, disc brakes, keyless entry and rear AC vents

Good move by Tata Motors to tap the lower end of the MUV market.

Source: goaonwheels.com

Good to know that they have still kept the projectors, disc brakes and rear a/c vents. Seems Tata wants to target this variant straight to the yellow-plate taxi operators.

Body-coloured bumpers will surely continue the up-market feel.

I think Tata had once said that they dont want the Aria to be looked upon as a taxi but I guess things have changed. Good to see them adding another model. The commercial segment is too huge to ignore. I feel the Aria still is superior product to some others in the same segment.Even though there are a lot of ommisions, its nice to see some features still there on the Pure LX.

Finally ARIA is coming in the correct price bracket, this will surely attract customers of the Duster & also will make the to be customers of the newly launched Quanto think before signing the check.

Smart move by Tata. Better late than never. The Aria is a fine product in itself, just that the initial pricing was a downer. With this new model, not just the taxi segment but it also makes a good proposition for families as well. The Aria does have some fantastic road presence as well.

So now the entry level Aria and base Safari Storme almost on par with pricing i guess?

People who bought the Aria in Dec - Jan after the price cut are sure a happy lot , Old Pure was just 5K away.

I have always felt that a stripped down version of Aria would sell more coz of its sheer size and affordable pricing.

Mahindra have also hinted of a stripped down XUV sometime back to counter the STROME,i am sure it will eat both SAFARI and STORME if and when it comes.

Strangely enough prices of other variants have not been slashed , may a its left for another day , hoping that day comes soon.

If they market it aggressively, I can see the new bare bone Aria grabbing at some of Mahindra's sales. TATA hasn't been up to the mark with their SUV/MUV sales in recent times and hopefully, this might change a few things for them.

Sensible move by Tata Motors. They should have launched this variant when they launched the 4x2 in the first place. This just might take some sales away from the Xylo and could also hit sales of the base entry level Innova as well. Though quite a few options are deleted, good too see some basic requirements still part of the car. I do feel however ABS should have been standard here as well.

This time Tata should reach out to customer and make them aware about this varian and its pricing.

This is very much need to break the conception of Aria being costlier from peoples mind.

I always loved the Aria and also beleived that Tata will not let the Aria die its own death.

Tata should give Aria 10% efforts of what they are doing for marketing Nano, and it will turn the things.

I am surprised to see that Tata's two big projects Nano and Aria didn't tasted success till now and third one the Storme is also yet find its bearing. How could Tata manage/bare this in such competitive market.?