Sign in to follow this  
kimi

Diesel Car Buying Suggestion

Hello All,

I am planning to buy a diesel car for my family of 4, I have shortlisted 2 cars:-

1) Maruti Swift Dzire VDi

2) Maruti Ertiga VDi

I have read good reviews for both the cars and is really confused which one to buy; all the family members in my family are atleast 5'9" so which car would have a good leg-room & head-room and would fit 4-5 comfortably.

My traveling every month would be city - 70% & Outdoor(Highways) - 30%.

The price difference between both the cars is ~2 lakhs, so is it worth investing ~2lakhs for ertiga or should I go with the Dzire???

all the family members in my family are atleast 5'9" so which car would have a good leg-room & head-room and would fit 4-5 comfortably.

If you can afford R-III, its best. Do also consider Manza Club class, Renault Scala,.. and the likes before finalising.

The Ertiga would serve youer purpose to the T. Easily more spacious and would be comfortable to your tall family members. Also the Ertiga would be more practical for your outdoor trips. Plus you get more space for your luggage too.

Ertiga V

di should be your choice. Because it will give you more space for your family members and more for your luggage also.It has very good f/e also. My friend owns a ertiga diesel and he recieves 13 kmpl in city and 17 on highways. Ertiga is a bit pricey but its good for you and your loved ones. Dzire is just less featured and less space is at the rear. The performance is a bit soggy on bag roads.

SO GO FOR ERTIGA.

Why not the DUSTER ? It is every car in one car !

The Ertiga is such a badly designed car, same can be said about the Dzire ( though this model is better than previous gen )

& If Maruti only is the criteria , do check out the SX 4 Diesel too

1) Maruti Swift Dzire VDi

2) Maruti Ertiga VDi

out of these two choices....anyday I would suggest you to go for Ertiga Vdi. The reasons(s):

1. More space, more sitting and luggage room more practical than Dzire.
  2. More power as it comes with VGT 90 PS engine against SGT 75 PS Dzire.
  3. ABS - a recommended safety feature on any day, any journey trip against no ABS in Dzire Vdi.

Edited by Sstar