vsmesolution

Confused for car under 5 Lac Diesel or Petrol

I'm looking for a Car under 5 Lac, maybe it might extend to 5.5 lac I'm not sure depends on my dad & his mood.

I live here in Himachal so ground clearance is a issue. We won't be using it for daily usage but will be used for family & friends trip. I know Diesel won't suit us but my dad want it.

In Punto Diesel you have to service it once a year or at 15,000 km whichever comes first, Is it same for other Diesel Cars too? How much is for Petrol?

We will be using it for a long term.

Can you suggest me, Why I should prefer Petrol instead of Diesel? Except the reason that, my monthly usage won't be higher than 1000 km.

Coz my dad thinks that Diesel is cheaper & mileage is also good. He's okk with paying 1 Lac extra & around 5000 bucks on maintenance yearly for Diesel.

Like everyone else I'm confused about Diesel & Petrol. Also my budget is around 5 Lac, so it confuses me double.

For Rs.5 lacs, you won't be getting much options to choose from Diesel cars.

You've to choose either from:

-Ford Figo.

-Chevrolet Beat.

-Indica eV2.

-Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDi.

Out of these I'd suggest you to go for Ritz Diesel. No doubt it'll cost you a bit more than your desired budget but will give you a complete bang for your money spend.

Its Modern, super reliable, powerful, very much fuel efficient & is comfortable.

Else another option for you is to look at Indica Vista LS Quadrajet or eV2, just because;

1) Its powerful enough to tackle the slopes of hilly regions HP is having,

2) Its spacious.

3) You'll get maximum number of Service stations & dealers of TATA in your state after Maruti Suzuki.

4) Fits well in your budget(especially eV2).

as you are from HP, you should go with petrol cars, as all diesel cars have startup problem in morning after some time & hence you can go for Ford Figo, VW Polo or MS Swift!

All of this 3 vehicles are very well-built, chose one which is convinient to you as per your personal choise & after sales service!

as you are from HP, you should go with petrol cars, as all diesel cars have startup problem in morning after some time & hence you can go for Ford Figo, VW Polo or MS Swift!

All of this 3 vehicles are very well-built, chose one which is convinient to you as per your personal choise & after sales service!

Yes I do agree there is starting problem with Diesel Cars but I don't think it exist in new Engines. My friend has Punto Emotion (Multijet), he told me that he never faces anything like that. His car sometimes lie for 3-4 days in cold but never faced any problem with that. Its been around two years now. In snow this might be faced.

I admire Punto 2012, the absolute edition & looking forward to increase my budget.

Yes I do agree there is starting problem with Diesel Cars but I don't think it exist in new Engines. My friend has Punto Emotion (Multijet), he told me that he never faces anything like that. His car sometimes lie for 3-4 days in cold but never faced any problem with that. Its been around two years now. In snow this might be faced.

I admire Punto 2012, the absolute edition & looking forward to increase my budget.

Though Punto looks pretty nice, don't forget that It's an fiat & is known for it's poor After Sales Services & It's my personal observation that diesel car troubles you after 3-4 years+they are pretty expensive; So If your car is going to complete more than 1000 Kms per month, then only buying it makes sence!

Though Punto looks pretty nice, don't forget that It's an fiat & is known for it's poor After Sales Services

Also let me inform you FIAT is setting up to cut their tie with TATA Motors and has already started successfully its first workshop in Pune and FIAT is aiming to open 20 exclusive dealerships by year end. May be they would take some time to grow their sales and service network.

If you face any kind of cold start problems, simply step down winter grade of engine oil to lower viscosity.

Sources:

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/fiat-targets-20-showroomsindia-by-end-2012_702780.html

http://www.fiat-india.com/newsdetails.aspx?nid=83

Though Punto looks pretty nice, don't forget that It's an fiat & is known for it's poor After Sales Services & It's my personal observation that diesel car troubles you after 3-4 years+they are pretty expensive; So If your car is going to complete more than 1000 Kms per month, then only buying it makes sence!

I have talked to many Punto owner, so far all of them were happy with its performance. The only thing they hated & reason Why people don't suggest Fiat is because of the poor after sales service.

Yes, Diesel Engines gives you trouble after few years, but as far as I have seen this used to be with the old engines. Punto got Multijet Engine & Fiat Engines you know name is enough.

But still please let me know exactly What kind of probles you are talking about & have you seen it in Multijet Engines?

Also let me inform you FIAT is setting up to cut their tie with TATA Motors and has already started successfully its first workshop in Pune and FIAT is aiming to open 20 exclusive dealerships by year end. May be they would take some time to grow their sales and service network.

If you face any kind of cold start problems, simply step down winter grade of engine oil to lower viscosity.

Sources:

http://www.moneycont...012_702780.html

http://www.fiat-indi...ils.aspx?nid=83

Yes, Fiat has put an end to its distribution agreement with Tata. They expect to get 80 dealers & complete the separation process by March next year. They are offering Fiat dealership in various cities.

I hope Tata continues at-least service to Fiat cars until Fiat has its own Dealership in that particular area.

Strike of Figo for its lower GC and so does Beat.

Wait for U-VA sails GC reports.

Ritz is the best choice for you. Its cheaper, stiff suspension, ok GC, its a diesel, its a Maruti,.....

Punto also is good, but is too far from your budget. Its new high GC will be a bliss to you, but will be difficult to manure when driven by your dad, have a look at this issue.

@vsmesolution

I think you have already made your mind for Punto absolute edition as you have also mentioned that you can increase the budget too. The only concern I have with your decision is after sales servicing. Rest there is no much of a problem with the car.

Edited by Sstar

Called dealer here in Mandi, he told me on-road price 6.41 Lac. Insurance will be free but he told me wait until next month( for few day), I guess Diwali offer is coming.

Ex-Showroom price for Mandi on Web-site is 6,36,689 INR, so on-road price difference is just 4k approx. Is it alright?

I don't have any idea about this on-road price stuff. But heard from people that it includes insurance & road tax & other taxes, which costs around 20-30K above ex-showroom price. Since my insurance is free, so that means 4k is just for road tax & other taxes?

Do one have to pay anything else in RTO, office? If I have to, then how much it is, approx?

@vsmesolution

On Road tax in HP. I think it should be between 4 to 6% of Ex-showroom price of the car and can never be just 4K. On the On Road Price which delear mentioned to you, it looks to me that you are getting some cash benefits as well that is why RTO registration addition on top Ex-showroom price does not go up much .

Check once.