dhawald3

Adya Motors delaying delivery of my Nano

I had booked my Tata Nano LX sunshine yellow at AADYA motors-Bangalore on 11th Oct, I wanted delivery during Dussehra which he said was not possible as 23rd and 24th was a holiday and he had promised me delivery on 25th, as the vehicle was not with them in stock so they had to order it.

I called them on 25th-Thursday they said that the vehicle had still not come and they will be getting it on Friday evening or Saturday.

I call them Friday evening to which they said the vehicle will definately come on Monday, now I tell them you cannot keep on changing dates like this and told them to tell me if the vehicle will be delayed further than Monday so that I can plan accordingly.

Then comes Monday, the CSA(customer service agent) tells me the vehicle will reach by late evening at 7-8 o clock, I call his manager he tells me the vehicle will come tomorrow morning (Tuesday) and I can come to see the vehicle before paying the full amount.

Tuesday- They still do not have the vehicle and the manager is citing reasons like problem at their delivery end and also told me that they cannot order Just one vehicle. But he is promising me delivery on Wednesday evening by 6 pm, which I think he is just trying to buy time.

I think something fishy is going on here as when I had gone to pay part amount, about 1 lakh on 16th they tried to sell me a 2011 manufactured "2012 model" of the same colour and were giving 10k discount on it. I clearly told the customer agent and the manager that I want the 2012 manufactuted model only, and not to try to sell me the 2011 model.

Now If they do not deliver the vehicle on Wednesday that is 31st about 20 days since I booked the vehicle, should I cancel my booking and get it from some other dealer or

If I have to complain this matter higher up at Tata Motors to whom can I contact please help!!.

@dhawald3 - Buying a car is such a emotional thing for many of us esp on auspicious dates/festivals, It's sad that some dealers make this whole experience bitter.

Well, buying from another delaer should be considered only if

• The other dealer has ready stock, no use waiting another 20 days.
  • The current dealer refunds the entire money without any deductions.

In either case, don't let that dealer rest in peace, esclate it teach them a lesson. They can't take customer for a ride.

Go to Tata Motors website and find emails there and also use their toll free number for this purpose.

You should have complaint about the dealer long back.The delay could be genuine and also be attributed to the older model lying with them, hard to tell.

Shoot complaints everywhere you can, cancel only when the other dealer can promise delivery earlier than this one , also check the vehicle for yourself at the other dealers stock before cancelling with the current dealer.

Atleast to my knowledge there is no known problem in Nano delivery.

My question is why a nano in the first place ?

We need to start a Thread that contains names of all dealers that mistreat their customers and add such dealer names to that thread so that prospective customers do not suffer , moderator help us achieve this , it needs to be in a tabular form so that its easily readable. Call it the BLACKLISTED DEALERS THREAD

Shoot complaints everywhere you can, cancel only when the other dealer can promise delivery earlier than this one , also check the vehicle for yourself at the other dealers stock before cancelling with the current dealer.

My question is why a nano in the first place ?

I cannot be sure of what this dealer promises as he has been promising delivery of the vehicle within 1-2 days everyday since the last week.

I am chose Nano because I wanted to buy a vehicle without taking loan from a bank as I am already paying EMI of another vehicle (Wagon R CNG) which I bought last year in Delhi and is being used by my parents there.

found this on the net, things what make Nano a great car for the price.

http://timeswithtatanano.blogspot.in/

While I am unhappy with the way that specific dealer had handled this case, usually, during the

festive season, the delivery of vehicles to the dealers is highly erratic. Even the best of the

dealers also are helpless at times.

Not that I am trying to defend that dealer, but, before you decide to shift to another dealer,

know from the dealer/his CSA whether there is a genuine delay (beyond the control of the

dealer, like not despatching the cars promised by Tata to the dealer, etc., etc.,) or the

dealer is deliberately trying to take you for granted.

If the delay is genuinely due to reasons beyond his control, I think, you should stick to the

dealer and get the car at the earliest from the first lot of cars he gets.

But, if the delay is deliberately done by dealer, even after getting the stock/cars from Tata,

then you have a solid reason to complain against the dealer.

Just remember, that now-a-days, the car dealers have also become highly unreliable, like

tailors, carpenters and cooking gas dealers. They rarely deliver on the dates committed.

Thankfully I get a call from the CSA in the morning saying that the vehicle has arrived.

I go to their showroom and see the vehicle, it is March 2012 model, I did general inspection of the car and pay him the rest of the amount for registration of the car.

will be getting delivery on Friday or Saturday.

I am getting the special edition Nano with alloy wheels+ glove box + music system.

I've heard Nano deliveries getting delayed especially for the Sunshine yellow shade. Dealers are trying to promote the Pappaya Orange shade more than the other shade.

Please post pictures of the Nano here and you can also start an ownership experience thread on our forums :)

Happy motoring!

Thankfully I get a call from the CSA in the morning saying that the vehicle has arrived...

I am glad that you are getting your car. Thank the CSA for informing you just in time

before you would have taken some unwanted and avoidable decision.

Try to post some snaps of your car. All the best dear and wish you many years of

happy ownership.

Great , it sorted out well on its own. Congrats for your new car.

Did you ask them Why are they giving you a 7-8 month old model which would get a year old in a months time.

Anyways, Happy for you , Enjoy.

congrats on new buy...however do get in writen why did you get an 8 month old model now.

Will do it, recently on some other forum a guy had booked Nano and was getting a July model.

it seems Tata is first dispatching the cars lying in their stockyard.

it seems Tata is first dispatching the cars lying in their stockyard.

It is common for all automakers (cars and twowheelers) to manufacture

more vehicles in June/July/August months (which are usually lean months)

and keep them ready for the festive season (which is usually the busiest

season with the maximum sales taking place then).

Depending upon the customer specific choices, like the color, variant,

accessories etc., only the final packing is done, during that festive period.

This is just like a Punjabi Dhaba, the basic ingrediants are already made

and depending upon the customer's taste and choice, the final dish is

dished out in hardly any time.

So, it is common for the festive season buyers in Sep/Oct to get vehicles made in

Jun/Jul/Aug lots.

Moreover, due to competition and the dynamics of market, a lot of `freebies' are

given. MP3 players, graphics, alloy wheels, etc., etc., which need to be added to

the basic car. All this work can be done only on the readily available semi-cooked

or semi-fnished basic cars and then arrange them for despatch to the customer's

specific location.

Similarly, there would be a lull period in December, then February and March.