dr_nishu

TATA's take on Mini-SUV/MPV: TATA Aria CS

post-67-0-03760200-1351966967.jpg

Tata is working on Every ways to get more sales for Aria.Now Tata is following Mahindra ways.Mahindra cut the xylo to make Quanto.Like that Tata is developing a Mini Aria.Mini Area will be under 4 meters in Length.Tata is the masters of cutting there cars below 4 meters.They have done it once for Indigo as Indigo CS.All the cars which reduced length has enjoyed success.Tata is placing the Aria against the Qunato.Tata Mini Aria is also a 7 seater like the Quanto.We can expect Tata to give more features for Mini Aria.We are sure Tata will take out all the expensive features.Tata Mini Aria is powered by the 1.3 Multi jet diesel engine from Fiat.We can expect the engine to be 90 PS like those in Vista 90.Tata Mini Aria will be launched in 2013.

(Autogadget.com)

To me its the best option for TATA to jump into the Sub 4m SUV/MPV category, as the SUMO Grande is old & Safari is already an Old design, STORME design isn't meant to be chopped off. So the best option is to chop off ARIA, which is already struggling with its sales & is modern enough to be sold for another 5-7 years.

Attached below is the rendering of TATA Aria CS crafted by me just for the sake of idea how it'll look,

post-67-0-65595100-1351973007.jpg

To me, the rendering came out to be more impressive looking & proportionate than actual gigantic 4.5m long Aria.

Edited by dr_nishu

Looks like an overgrown Vista. What plagued Aria in the first place was over-the-top pricing & frequent niggles. Hope Tata takes cares of these aspects before any new launch or else the product is doomed.

@dr_nishu: Very good work buddy. :)

I must say, TATA engineer's should take a look at your design before they actually make their hands dirty in reducing the size of the ARIA.

I liked this idea and looking at your photoshopped pic...i would say this would be car will sell more than Quanto, even it TATA places it little higher on price front.

@dr_nishu, it seems like Tata has taken lot of cues from your design for their upcoming mini Aria.

http://overdrive.in/details/2338/Exclusive-Tata-developing-mini-Aria

However, as depicted in the above link, i don't understand the need of spare wheel at tail gate which doesn't gel well with Aria's design.

Tata are also developing mini Sumo Gold. Both of these are going to have a pair of jump seats in last row for 7-seat configuration.

So it's raining mini SUV/MUV's.

Aria's wheelbase is quite long itself. Tata will have to do some major tweaks to the Aria to bring it under 4-meters.

I feel they must rather launch two new versions of the Grande, a sub-4m and a soft-top 4X4 version to take on the Thar and upcoming Gurkha

Tata can easily ape design of Freelander for Grande MKII.

Also If Grande MKII gets some chop job done there will be considerable reduction in price which will make Tata to play it's price card rightly to fight with Bolero, Quoanto, Rio and also some high-end hatchbacks.

Cut down version of Aria won't look very promising but rendering as done by dr_nishu is looking good.

I feel for some time Tata should keep Aria as it is and they just need to price it rightly and to promote Aria or to increase sales instead of doing chop job Tata should introduce special version targeting to tours and travelling industry. Aria is very cabale but is not rightly priced.

Ouch!

I am not a fan of Aria styling itself and this mini-Aria stretches my dislike even further! Iooks like Vista on steroids!

Why do all chopped of car have to be ugly? Quanto... awkward! New Dzire...out of shape! IndigoCS looks decent though

But anyways its better looking than Quanto.

And why are Tata developing a mini-Sumo when Sumo Gold itself is not popular now a days..not even with tours-n-travels..? Tata need a serious revolutionary facelift on Sumo to sell it