tejasmehta990

Which is the best used car under budget of 1.5L ?

Can any one suggest best used vehicle to buy upto budget of 1.5L ?

I feel buying a NANO seems a compromised decision due to it's limitations from space to engine to mechanicals etc... it's better to go for a used vehicle if the budget is limited to 1.5L.

I have reviewed couple of websites and referred details where apart from hatchbacks and omni from Maruti Ford Ikon, Fiat Palio, Hyundai Accent , Mitsubishi Lancer , Honda City (Old) , Tata Indica, Indigo etc... are available within budget of 1.5L ?

Yes, you can get a decent used car in that budget, old model with a little high odo. Do some research in the used car market with a lot patience and you will surely strike a good deal. If you can stretch your budget a little bit around 1.8-2 lakhs there are lot many options. And please also mention what is your average daily run, regular office commute or just for the weekend drives.

You could get a fairly decent used Alto in case running and maintenance costs are in your list of priorities. Else, a used lancer/type 2 OHC, ikon etc will definitely fit the 1.5L budget. Overall, I'd personally recommend the lancer for its comfort and decent ride quality.

Buy new Nano having good discount or updated features worth of 40k, if you buy used car you dont know what you getting and whom you getting some one's left over... Its hard to trust used car market as its unorganized and unprofessional people carry the business. Only objective to make money by all means.

Best is buy a Nano at least give you stress free life for a warranty period.

from driving pt. of view Ford Ikon would be the best, by passenger comfort old City or Accent would be nice; but best VFM deal would be Mitsubishi lancer, as it's still in production, so genine spares are available easily + local made replicas of spares + many local mechanics (Experts in market) are familiar with it + It's exremely well-built & good looking + person buying lancer is 99% an auto enthusiast, so he must had treated his car like his women, So you get a vehicle, which worth every penny spend on it!

If the choice is for Sedan maximum numbers of Ford Ikon (Clxi and 1.6) and Hyundai Accent are available within price range 70K to 1.5L . In case of Mitsubishi lancer if I am buyer I will opt for 1.5 SFXi (With Spoiler and Original Company Alloys).

Hyundai Accent Is also a nice choice as it doesn't look old or outdated. Ford Ikon has great fit and finish but looks bit old.

In terms of Hatch back I would prefer Palio due to it's strong engine and underpinnings.

I have checked websites viz Firstchoice, carwale, cardekho, popularcarbazar etc.. for used cars in Mumbai, and out of all listing firstchoice is offering vehicles with high price tag (atleast 50K more as compared with other offers) by giving guarantee of complete check-up of car before it is sold.

I prefer to purchase used vehicle from family / friend / office colleague to whom I know personally. Opting for used car from totally unkown source would be suicidal no matter how goodlooking the car is or how good the deal is.

You can get decent condition:

-Alto F8.

-Wagon R.

-Zen/Zen estilo.

-A-star.

These are the most fuel efficient & least on maintenance cars, else all other option like Lancer or Ikon or Fiesta are simply money engulfers, they eat high amounts of money on fuel consumption, maintenance costs, etc.

Also do stay away from used Hyundai n TATA cars.

Try to buy any of the Maruti car falling in your budget.

Been using an almost-new Nano since about a year now. If u dont want luggage space but want room for four passengers, trust me its the best city car below Rs 3 lakh in India. The 2012 version has lighter steering than the older car, it gives me a respectable 17kpl. High seats are a boon during entry/exit for the elderly.

The 2012 Top end Nano is priced at about 2.4 lakh which is slightly high, but one can always get a a/c equipped CX variant for about Rs 2 lakh.

Yes I agree with some of the earlier posts.. a new car is a new car!

You can get decent condition:

-Alto F8.

-Wagon R.

-Zen/Zen estilo.

-A-star.

I don't think used A-Star will be available for less than 3 lakhs? But however anyone has any idea how much an used A-Star will cost?

I don't think used A-Star will be available for less than 3 lakhs? But however anyone has any idea how much an used A-Star will cost?

Not a distant deal, since it's more than 2-3 years old & isn't so popular car, so one can easily get its LXi or VXi versions under sub 2 lacs price range.

My friend is getting Polo 1.2 petrol in Rs.2.2 lacs only. Trendline version & Only 41k kms driven.

My friend is getting Polo 1.2 petrol in Rs.2.2 lacs only. Trendline version & Only 41k kms driven.

This is really mouthwatering deal. Your friend belongs to which city ? This is something exceptional but if someone wants a hatch Fiat Palio (1.2 , 1.6) and Fiat Adventure may be available in good condition under 2L Budget.

You can buy Fiat adventure for as low as Rs 1.25L in Mumbai and Palio petrols for as low as Rs 40-50k.

Yes A-Star should be available for below Rs 3L as it is not that popular.

Polo 1.2 for Rs 2.2L is almost like a steal.

One of my friend offered me his Fiat Punto 2010 (base model) Diesel in 2.5 lac... Car driven 26k in two years with reasonable good condition with small here and there scratches... No accident history or anything...

Please advise