PrancingHorse

Maruti Ritz Automatic is here

Was just going through the Maruti website when I saw that the Ritz now comes with an AT box. Im assuming it would be the same box that comes in the DZire. Its strange that there hasnt been any announcement or ads in the papers yet. There is no indication of the price though.

Here are screen grabs from the Maruti website

post-7692-0-15359300-1352266413_thumb.jppost-7692-0-82449900-1352266418_thumb.jp

This is a good addition. i10 Auto now has some good competition in the form of the Ritz Auto and the Brio Auto. The Ritz and i10 have 4-speed auto boxes while the Brio has a 5-speed unit which may get replaced by a CVT in a year or two.

Looks like the Brio AT made Maruti take this step. Good to see Maruti offer AT boxes on more models. The A Star, DZire and now this. How long before we see a Swift AT? Maruti are you listening? Going by the norm I expect the AT Ritz to be atleast 70k more pricey than the manual.

Why are they quiet about this ,really liked the Red elements on the dash, is it 5 speed ? May be this image was accidently put there before time courtesy their web site managers...

it would create a frenzy when when they do the same with the SWIFT.Just the mention of an AUTOMATIC SWIFT sends chills down my spine.

Hoping someday some automaker, launches an Automatic Diesel Hatch.

"To give ultimate driving pleasure the new Ritz has Automatic Transmission that fills you with joy. Be it the super-responsive DDiS engine or the VVT-powered K-series engine...." <-- this is going to confuse a lot of buyers into thinking you can get the auto gearbox with the diesel engine.

Badvertising, Maruti, badvertising. :mellow:

I really feel that the only manufacturer that has been able to sense the pulse of the changing Indian consumer dynamics is Hyundai (not completely though) for instance a diesel automatic is available only in the Verna and models of higher segments. I hope that other manufacturers too move in this direction. Maruti could take a leap by introducing diesel automatics in the Swift or Ritz and similarly the other players too could follow cue. May be it could be the game changer for any of the manufacturers who has the first mover advantage, similar to what Hyundai has enjoyed in the past for petrol small cars.

the question is why is maruti so quiet about the autobox options? Even I came to know only few months back that the wagon r (previous model) was also available with an autobox and this was nowhere mentioned on their website or by their sales people.

So finally prices of Ritz AT are out officially, priced at 6.15 lac ex Delhi (only in Vxi variant).

Similarly spec Vxi MT retails at 4.63 lacs, so a premium of 1.5 lacs for AT.

Don't know what Maruti is upto with these kinds of AT pricing.

Brio is a far far better choice, both in terms of pricing and product.

Maruti does not want us to buy the car Ritz AT , I am sure the car must be substandard so save maruti's reputation. It's very disappointing, Martui you car will have same fate what had been to the Honda Jazz even though the Jazz is an engineering marble.

Please give hundred thousand discount all season to find few buyers.

this kind of pricing will not do any favours for it , jusy crazy pricing .

Had it been an diesel automatic people would have given it atleast a second thought , not now , not by any stretch of imagination.

a case of top management at suzuki india going nuts