Sign in to follow this  
shrishail

Volkswagen vento diesel or hyundai fluidic verna diesel

I am intrested in buying a diesel sedan in 10 lakhs range..I am confused between Volkswagen vento and hyundai verna.most of my driving will b in the city and sometimes on highways (but nt long distance) the car will b driven by me personally..so i want a car that is comfortable in city traffics n also performs decently on highways...my average speed will b around 80-90 kms..recently i took test drives of both these cars,i found the clutch of the vento a bit heavy n gears a bit notchy..i liked the vernas pickup n it was more refined too... pls suggest me the best one according to my requirments

....thankyou....

If you don't venture out onto the highway, the Verna seems like the better bet for you. However, be mindful of the wallowy suspension at high speeds. It should be fine at city speeds though. Also, if you want lots of equipment in a diesel Verna, prepare to go beyond your Rs 10 lakh budget.

I would normally recommend the Vento, but if you find the clutch heavy and gearshift notchy, it might not be best for your in-city driving requirements.

Wild Card: Why not have a spin in the Fiesta. Since you plan to drive yourself, perhaps you will enjoy that a bit more.

Both Verna & Vento are good cars with their own sweet set of pros & cons.

But my vote is for Vento Diesel.

It's one of the best car in its segment with solid & sturdy body & ride.

But make sure about its clutch heaviness, is it really that much heavy for which it can cause pain or you're talking comparitively to Verna.

Verna as it is mostly CITY driving, And more feature rich than the Vento.

VW makes one of the best M/T stick shifts , surprisingly you did'nt like it. However the Vento makes a strong case for itself for more Highways use.

Also the After Sales Service wise or warranty wise the Hyundai will be better/cheaper in the long run.

I'll suggest u the Verna because as u have said the vento's clutch is really very hard. But as F30 said it have the best slick shifting gearbox which u hadn't liked. And also Verna has great features and quality interiors. Built quality in vento is a lil better than Verna. The verna has a 6 speed gearbox as in vento it is 5 speed. Verna is a bit more refined too. Vento's engine is a bit noisy. The CRDI motor is much better than the vento's diesel. Also the verna gives more F/E than Vento. Looks in Verna is great to watch. Maintainance of Hyundai is less than VW's. The Vento has a lil better rear seats. The seats in Vento have just a lil bit better thigh support. But the Verna has a very spacious cabin. So, Go for the Verna and enjoy driving.. Best Of Luck