vprajus

Palio diesel ????

hey guys,

I heard that Palio is releasing with diesel version multijet engine . Any idea when it is releasing and cost .I believe palio's main disadvantage was fuel efficiency but that wont be from this version . 

is it the best hatch or u-va or getz ??? considering fuel efficiency,performance,power,maintenance..

views ,comments plzzzz

thanks. appreciate for your quick replies.
Is it worth waiting for this model or shall i go for sport 1.6

Well if you drive around 1000 kms P/m then wait for the Palio Diesel , if you drive around 800 kms or less than that p/m then go for the sport 1.6

regards,

priya

Palio Diesel will be 40k cheaper than Swift and with better comfort ride also .

Go for Palio 1.6 sport if you can pay for bill also remember onced booked then the resale with be reduced by 1.5lakhs.

hey guys' date='
               I heard that Palio is releasing with diesel version multijet engine . Any idea when it is releasing and cost .I believe palio's main disadvantage was fuel efficiency but that wont be from this version . 
is it the best hatch or u-va or getz ??? considering fuel efficiency,performance,power,maintenance..
views ,comments plzzzz
[/quote']

Hi There!!! U-VA has a mileage issue and little lack of power. Getz has good performance power efficency etc but its an old model. Palio 1.6 is a power machine, buy it if power is your first priority ( like me )... but personally i would suggest to wait for Fiat Disel. if you can extend your budget, check out Fiat Grande Punto and Honda Jazz.
harryccc2008-01-11 23:22:47

hi Rssh , thanks for the info . Apart from the imminent launch which all are saying there is no other info about the palio diesel. I mean tech specs, price, variants etc.

or is it the same features as palio stile except for the multijet diesel engine.

If you know more info can u please share it with us..

Fiat doesnt seem to be doing things the right way!! If the palio diesel is to be launched in end jan, then why not display it at the auto expo?? Their website has details on linea, punto, bravo and even 500!! But there is not a mention of the palio diesel!

Also I visited a tata-fiat showroom y/day and the folks there were saying that there is no palio diesel coming at all!! With this sort of marketing and a "step mother" treatment from the tata showrooms, fiat cannot go too far in the indian market.

Its coming for sure but don't expect an upgrade only engine change they are working to improve petrol engine so that its sales doesn't get affected .I hope they change that old dashboard looks horrible.

The new diesel launches on 2 Feb and has everything same but only engine change and it would be 50k more from petrol.

thats awesome news man... but there arent any advertisements, may be i missed this one on the news papers too... will take a look once its launched!!!